Assistant Director, Academic Assessment
Requisition Number S416P Home Org Name Provost & VP Academic Affairs Division Name Provost and VP Academic Affair Position Title Assistant Director, Academic Assessment Job Class Code HC70 Appointment Status Full-time Part-time FTE Limited Term No Limited Term Length Job Summary
Reporting to the Director of Academic Assessment, the Assistant Director will support the assessment of student learning across Auburn University’s 300+ academic degree programs. Successful candidates should have the ability to coordinate and lead an internal assessment feedback system, consult with faculty members on all elements of an assessment cycle, create professional development events to support high quality assessment practices and learning improvement initiatives, and assist the Director with institutional assessment planning and reporting.
The Assistant Director will work collaboratively with College, Department and Program faculty and administrators, the Office of Institutional Research, Office of University Career Services, and Auburn University’s Biggio Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning.
Please use the attachment feature of our online employment system to attach the a response in 200-400 words to the question, “How would you bring an equity-minded focus to assessment activities at Auburn University.” – Please attach this document in ‘Other’ Section. Only complete application packets will be considered for review.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Coordinates and leads the internal assessment feedback system for academic degree programs which includes building an infrastructure for report intake and maintenance, developing, and delivering assessment training, and evaluating the quality of assessment described in assessment reports.
2. Consults with faculty members on all phases of the assessment cycle to develop high quality assessment practices which in turn will yield reliable student learning data. Consultations can be one-one-one as well as with small or large groups of faculty with varying levels of assessment knowledge.
3. Creates professional development events for faculty members to enhance the quality of assessment at Auburn, which includes developing and facilitating workshops.
4. Designs and carries out all analytic meta-assessment reports for colleges and the University, and communicates assessment findings to upper administration.
5. Works in partnership with faculty members and teaching/learning experts on learning improvement initiatives at the program level.
6. Advises and provides assessment and measurement perspective to university committees.
7. Represents Auburn effectively in the greater assessment research community by conducting paper presentations, workshops, and contributing to peer-reviewed publications.
8. Assists the Director in general education assessment planning and reporting.
Education Level Master’s degree from an accredited institution Field of Study
Higher education administration, social sciences, educational research
Years of Experience 3 Area of Experience
Experience working in an assessment environment leading a program and serving in a consultative role to deliver results. Preferred experience in a higher educational institution
Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Education Level Field of Study Years of Experience When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience. Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of program assessment, general education assessment, higher education practices, advanced statistical and psychometric knowledge, research and experimental design, basic understanding of accreditation standards.
Minimum Technology Skills
Computer skills sufficient to work with spreadsheets, word processing, statistical software packages (for example: R, SPSS, SAS ), databases, email, internet, etc. An ability to learn new technology skills.
Minimum License and Certifications
Salary Grade 37 Salary Range $68,700 - $114,500 Job Category Executive/Director/Management Working Hours if Non-Traditional List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position Posting Date 09/08/2020 Closing Date EEO Statement
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Internal Postings http://www.auemployment.com/postings/19336 Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Other Documentation
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How were you made aware of this opportunity?
- AU Employment website
- Employment websites (Indeed, HigherEd Jobs, etc.)
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- Professional Journal
- HR email
- Social Media
- State Employment Service
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University.
- Not a current Auburn employee
- Current Auburn employee in position less than one year
- Current Auburn employee in position more than one year
- * Do you have a Master's degree or higher in higher education
administration, social sciences, educational research?
- * Do you have 3 years of experience working in an assessment
environment leading a program and serving in a consultative role to
deliver results OR an advanced degree to use in lieu of years of
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Education Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Education Administration & Leadership Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn