Veterinary Customer Services Rep I/II
Requisition Number S414P Home Org Name Clinical Sciences Division Name College of Veterinary Medicine Position Title Veterinary Customer Services Rep I/II Job Class Code AA79 (A-B) Appointment Status Full-time Part-time FTE Limited Term No Limited Term Length Job Summary
Responsible for clerical duties related to veterinary care and treatment, processes invoices and payments, direct incoming phone calls, and provide support to veterinary team. Processes clients’ animals for admission into and discharge out of Auburn University Veterinary Teaching Hospitals.
1. Welcomes clients to the hospital, registers clients’ animals that are in need of medical attention and verifies client information and referring veterinarian. Ensures all proper paperwork is completed, gathers records from other veterinary facilities as needed, compiles the physical medical record, and alerts the appropriate clinical personnel of the patient’s arrival. Appropriately directs clients to areas within the clinic for animal care and continues to ensure client’s visit is successful.
2. Receives and screens telephone calls to include scheduling appointments; provides information and assistance to callers and/or visitors regarding clinic and hospital procedures and processes; determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
3. Contacts clients to confirm appointments, providing clients any information or instructions needed prior to their appointment. Communicates admissions information, fees, discharge date(s), clinic regulations, or other clinic services to clients.
4. Discharges clients in a timely and appropriate manner. Ensures bill order is complete and has been verified by hospital auditors, ensures all medications have been given to the client. Addresses any past accounts or financial follow-ups. Confirms client does not have any further clinical questions.
5. Generates, analyzes, validates, and verifies, financial records in-house as well as prepares, records, and verifies daily deposits and cash reports for Bursar’s office.
6. May assist clinicians with patient examinations, simple treatments, and recording patient data under direct supervision.
7. Abides by rules and regulations for Veterinary Client Representatives as defined by the American Animal Hospital Association and policies and protocol of the College of Veterinary Medicine and teaching hospitals.
8. May assist veterinary technicians with basic patient care such as, restraining patients while clinical staff administers treatments, giving basic medications by direction of detailed treatment schedule, feeding patients, icing incisions, changing out fluids, nebulizing patients, and flushing catheters under supervision by clinical staff.
9. May assist in cleaning kennels, stocking medical supplies, and uploading a clean and safe clinical working environment.
Education Level High school diploma or equivalent Field of Study Years of Experience None required for entry level Area of Experience
Experience in a veterinary, medical office, or
hospital setting working with medical records and hospital information systems preferred.
Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Consideration for Level I requires a High school diploma or equivalent.
Consideration for Level II requires a High school diploma or equivalent plus 2 years. Experience must include at least 2 years at the preceding level or equivalent within Auburn University.
Salary range determined by eligibility for Level I or II.
Education Level Field of Study Years of Experience Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Minimum Skills and Abilities Minimum Technology Skills Minimum License and Certifications
Salary Grade 27 Salary Range $20,300 - $37,200 Job Category Agricultural/Veterinary Medicine Working Hours if Non-Traditional List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position Posting Date 09/08/2020 Closing Date EEO Statement
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Internal Postings http://www.auemployment.com/postings/19134 Documents Needed to Apply
Required DocumentsOptional Documents
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How were you made aware of this opportunity?
- AU Employment website
- Employment websites (Indeed, HigherEd Jobs, etc.)
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- Professional Journal
- HR email
- Social Media
- State Employment Service
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University.
- Not a current Auburn employee
- Current Auburn employee in position less than one year
- Current Auburn employee in position more than one year
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?