Mail Room Assistant
DIVISION: Information Services
BASIC FUNCTION: Sorts and prepares the distribution of internal and external mail. Multi-tasks internal duties within the Mailroom. Trains newly hired Mailroom Assistants. Picks up and delivers mail to the post office. Assists in attending mail/stamp window.
1. To perform multiple tasks within the Mailroom. These include:
- sorting internal and external mail for students, staff and faculty,
- preparing internal and external mail for delivery,
- delivering mail to all departments,
- metering mail and familiarity with PARAGON,
- assisting with pre-sort mail with Smart Mailer,
- recording and maintaining log of insured and certified mailings,
- responding to telephone inquiries.
2. To train newly hired Mailroom Assistants in both the internal and
external mechanisms and processes of the Mailroom.
3. To pick-up and deliver mail to post office; to pick-up and deliver mail to campus offices
4. To assist in attending the mail/stamp window. This involves:
- conducting cash transactions,
- balancing incoming monies with cash receipts.
5. To participate in the professional development of the department. This
- promoting an image of efficiency and courtesy throughout the university community and consistent with department’s mission,
- participating in departmental staff meetings as requested.
6. To promote safe and secure working conditions. This involves:
- promoting the proper utilization of equipment and materials,
- notifying supervisor immediately of any unsafe working conditions.
7. To perform other related duties as requested.
Duties may be changed and/or be added at any time.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
EVP - Staff
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the 'My Experience' section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield