Administrative Associate II, UM Housing
UM Housing invites applications for an Administrative Associate II position to join their team. The UM Housing Office expects that all administrative duties will be performed to meet or exceed professional standards. These standards will be performed in a safe, cooperative, and efficient manner to provide the best possible service to our customers. Under minimal supervision, the person assigned to this position performs administrative support functions for the University Villages, Lewis and Clark Village and the UM Housing Office.
Successful performance in this position will be to provide reception, information, resource, and administrative assistance for students, guests, faculty, staff, and visitors to the University of Montana Campus. To interact with staff, students, guests, faculty, and visitors working, residing or living within the UM Housing facilities. Provide effective communication and cooperative work association is essential to provide excellence in customer service.
This position reports and directly assists the Executive Director of Housing and Community Standards with day-to-day supervision by the Housing Office Manager. The position also assists the Associate Director of Community and the Assistant Director of Student Conduct in UM Housing. This position also works closely with the Admissions Review Committee and Behavioral Intervention Team.
Specific duties to be performed include:
- Assist residents and visitors at the UM Housing Office
- Updates information for the UM Housing website and creates content for various marketing platforms (newsletters, flyers, social media, website)
- Manage the storage unit rentals, contracts, and billing associated with renting of storage units within UM Housing
- Accept, receipt, and process receipts for payments on rent, damages, late fees, etc. Complete spreadsheet entry of daily balancing for deposits
- Sign out keys to residents needing access
- Assist with check-in of residents which includes reviewing policies and procedures, obtaining signatures on a variety of documents, and issuing keys
- Answering phones and providing information
- Answering questions and addressing concerns submitted to the general UM Housing email address
- Processing invoices for payment through BANNER and StarRez
- Take information from residents and maintenance crews and process work orders through the StarRez work order module, which could include creating a new work order, updating, and completing work orders
- Check out equipment which is being either borrowed or rented by residents and do follow up on the return of the equipment
- Assist with Summer Programs – Work with group representatives for lodging and other needs within the housing environment, take reservations, and mail out brochures and other forms. In coordination with the group coordinator, prepare logistics for the group and coordinate logistics with the summer staff and custodians. Maintain the StarRez database which records group information, provide floor plans and rosters, and prepare invoices to bill the various groups.
- Perform administrative and clerical duties associated with student conduct which includes maintaining the student conduct database, preparing letters of notification and letters of determination to be sent to the students, scheduling appointments for the Assistant/Associate Director and Executive Director, and explaining student conduct to the students involved in the incidents
- Manage the process for the Freshman Residency Release requests for freshmen required to live on campus and the Residence Halls Less than Part-Time requests for students living in the residence halls taking less than 7 semester credits
- Manage the Smudging Approval process for UM Housing
- Assist with Assistance Animal Approval process and maintain files
- Assist with the mid-semester and end of fall semester Contract Release process for residents interested in being released from their Residence Hall contract
- Complete and submit rental reference requests for students
- Perform administrative and clerical duties to support the UM Housing Executive Director in her role as the Co-Chair of the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) by taking minutes, preparing correspondence, setting up meetings, and preparing data as requested and needed
- Monitor the StarRez package tracking system for errors and work with Hall Administrative Assistants to identify and correct problems. Create, maintain, and distribute package tracking labels for all of the Area Desks as needed.
- Accept and fulfill mailing label requests for on-campus organizations and bill for these completed requests accordingly
- Serve as copy editor for departmental marketing, outreach, and internal and external communication materials
- Provide general administrative support as required
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of the receipting process, counting and balancing a cash register, and applying payments directly to charges on a student account in BANNER.
- Proven experience following written and/or oral instructions, maintain an organized, safe work environment, work with little direct supervision, be capable of setting priorities while utilizing good time management practices, work well both independently and with others.
- Advanced proficiency with various computer programs (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat)
- Ability to prioritize assignments, organize incoming work, and return work products promptly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting
- Superior attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality while working with high volumes of proprietary information
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions or multi-step procedures, perform simple mathematical computations, and code or complete routine documents and forms.
- Ability to coordinate work schedules with staff, students, faculty, guests, and visitors to ensure that both customer and building needs are met
- Skill in the use of basic office equipment (faxes, keyboard, copy machine)
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff, students, guests, visitors, and faculty of the University of Montana
- Must possess essential customer service skills such as listening, acknowledging, and responding
- Ability to understand and utilize the UM Housing Office work order system. Establish, maintain, process and update electronic and paper files, records and documents
Minimum Required Experience
- Combination of education and experience equivalent to high school graduation, plus experience in an administrative support position, which includes thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures, and desk top computing experience including word processing and/or data processing
- Experience using Banner, Maxient, Cascade, and StarRez software systems
About UM Housing and UM
UM Housing provides safe, clean, healthy, and affordable living and learning facilities that foster an inclusive community living environment for students, staff, faculty, and guests. The UM Housing Office manages three areas, Residence Halls, Lewis and Clark Village, and University Villages, which provide a variety of housing options for single students, students with dependents, and University guests. Services provided in these facilities support and nurture educational experiences and personal development at the University of Montana.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Administrative Associate II
Position Number: 104210
Department: Department Name w/Hyperlink to Website
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Salary: $12.42/hr –Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner