Assistant Professor of Political Science - Public Law
The Department of Political Science at Lycoming College invites applications for a tenure-track position in Public Law at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin August 2021. The successful candidate will be broadly trained to teach both introductory and advanced courses in Public Law. Candidates with a secondary specialization in Comparative Politics are encouraged to apply. Lycoming’s small, liberal arts environment allows faculty members, as part of their 3-3 teaching load, to create new courses in line with their area of specialization. Candidates with an interest in teaching in the College’s interdisciplinary first year seminar program are desired. Candidates should demonstrate a strong promise of teaching effectiveness and scholarly achievement, and a serious commitment to teaching undergraduates in a liberal arts environment is essential. Additional duties include advising and mentoring students, as well as service to the department and institution.
Ph.D. in political science is preferred, but ABDs in their final stages of completion will be considered.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae along with submitting a teaching portfolio, 250-word statement on why they are interested in a liberal arts academic environment, a single-authored writing sample, 3 letters of recommendation, and graduate transcript.
Letters of recommendations can be mailed to:
Attention: Missy Cashner, HR Generalist
One College Place, Campus Box 861
Williamsport, PA 17701
To guarantee full consideration applications should be submitted by October 1, 2020. A pre-employment drug screening will be conducted.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamsport
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamsport
- Law & Legal Studies Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamsport
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamsport
- Political Science & International Relations Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamsport