Roberts Academy Instructor - Science
Job Description: The Roberts Academy at Florida Southern College seeks to hire a fulltime science teacher. The Roberts Academy is a school for children with dyslexia in grades 2 through 8. Located on the Florida Southern College campus, this position would include the following responsibilities:
- Provide daily science instruction to students in grades 6-8
- Provide science labs to elementary students in grades 2 through 5 on one predetermined day per week
- Prepare weekly science lesson plans age appropriate for students in grades 2- 8.
- Collaborate with Roberts Academy faculty and staff.
- Effectively communicate with parents and other stakeholders related to the students
- Earned baccalaureate degree in Secondary Science Education, Elementary Education with Science instructional background or related field.
- Fingerprinting clearance and background check including VECHS approval.
- Previous experience working with 2 through 8 students
- Desire to work with students in a private school learning environment.
- Professional dress and demeanor