Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
In response to its significant growth, IÉSEG School of Management invites applications for a full-time permanent position (starting September 2021) in Management Information Systems on the Lille campus in France. The selected candidates will be part of the newly formed Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Information Systems Department (formerly part of the Management Department).ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
- IÉSEG holds the “triple crown” of international accreditations (AACSB, AMBA & EQUIS) and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles”. The School offers Bachelor, Master and Post-Graduate Degrees as well as Executive Education programs.
- IÉSEG is one of the leading French business schools in terms of research. The IÉSEG Research Center is accredited by the French CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research). The school actively promotes research, provides resources for active scholars and offers financial bonuses for high quality international peer-reviewed research publications. Our permanent professors have recently published articles in journals such as MIS Quarterly, Management Science, AMJ, AMR, Organization Studies, Organization Science, Research Policy, and European Journal of Information Systems.
- IÉSEG offers a dynamic and international work environment with over 40 different nationalities represented. Crucial to the school are its core values: Accomplishment, Responsibility, Integrity, Solidarity and Engagement. The school’s ambition is to empower changemakers for a better society. The school offers employees a competitive salary, a relocation allowance and housing search assistance, French social security benefits, complementary health insurance, meal vouchers, a profit-sharing plan, and a contributory pension scheme. Our satisfaction survey among new hires shows that 100% of the respondents were (very) satisfied with the organization of their arrival on campus.
- Our Lille Campus is in the heart of the Northern French city of Lille (within the triangle made up by London, Paris and Brussels). Our Paris Campus is located in the biggest European business district of “La Défense”. Both premises have an excellent classroom infrastructure as well as an energizing research environment.
More information about IÉSEG School of Management is available online at: http://www.ieseg.fr/en/ABOUT THE POSITION
From applicants, we expect evidence of strong teaching skills and a commitment to research excellence. Relevant professional experience is a plus. Our selected applicant will be asked to teach courses at the undergraduate, graduate and/or postgraduate level and also to contribute to the design and development of the School’s programs. Applicants should embody the values of the school and be team players.
Applicants should hold a PhD in Management Information Systems or related discipline (or be close to its completion) and be completely fluent in English as nearly all courses at IESEG are taught in this language. Prior knowledge of French is not expected; the School provides French courses to faculty members.
Applicants for the position of Assistant Professor are expected to have the potential to secure publications in top-tier refereed journals in the near future. For an appointment at the Associate / Full Professor level applicants are in addition required to have (a) extensive higher education teaching experience; (b) a strong publication record in top-tier refereed journals; and (c) good networks in academia and/or professional circles at regional and international levels.
To apply, please fill in the following form http://ieseg.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5BI3hf7utcGLlit and upload your application package. This should consist of the following merged into one PDF document indicating your name and reference code “MISS21”:
- A curriculum vitae (mentioning the names, affiliations, and email addresses of two referees)
- A cover letter
- A research and teaching statement
- One working paper
- Recent teaching evaluations (if available)
Two recommendation letters should be sent separately by the referees to:
Dr. Frank Goethals
Head of Management Department
For any further question, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE FINAL CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS SEPTEMBER 30, 2020.
IN ALL COMMUNICATION, PLEASE QUOTE THE APPROPRIATE REFERENCE: MISS21.