Associate Professor - CHofSA Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine
The Section of Emergency Medicine in the Department of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine has an opening for a Section Chief position at The Children's Hospital of San Antonio. This position comes with a faculty appointment within the Department of Pediatrics, a competitive salary, and a full benefits package. The candidates' credentials and experience will determine the rank of the academic appointment. Responsibilities include the provision of care to critically ill and injured children in an Emergency Department setting as well as teaching fellows, residents, medical students, staff, overseeing the section, and its administrative initiatives.
- Minimum Education: MD/DO degree, Pediatric Emergency Fellowship Trained
- Minimum Certification/Licenses: Licensed by the Texas Medical Board (or eligible for same);
- Board certification in General Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics (or eligible for same);
- Current certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS).
- Experience: Previous experience in a leadership position required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.