Baylor College of Medicine is searching for a successful candidate who will manage the COVID-19 collection site schedules. Responsibilities include coordinating staff schedules to ensure collection sites are staffed and fully operational.The Master Scheduler is also responsible for transporting samples from the collection site to the testing lab.
- Schedules staff based on the formula based staffing model and communicates to the assigned staff.
- Modifies staffing schedules as needed to ensure shifts are covered equally across departments.
- Responds to Department/Staff questions regarding schedules and collection sites.
- Resolves any issues in staffing the testing site and/or escalates the issues in a timely manner.
- Provides additional support and reporting metrics to Leadership as needed.
- Provides courier services for COVID-19 samples from the collection site to the testing lab.
- Active participation with Patient Access team in formulating FGP Patient Access Scheduling guidelines to optimize and improve patient access.
- Advises and make best practice recommendations for template design to all internal stakeholders.
- Manages all changes needed when Patient Access guidelines are not followed.
- Meets with department leadership before on-boarding physicians join Baylor College of Medicine.
- Creates templates for new providers and for all central and non-central college wide departments based on FGP Patient Access scheduling guidelines.
- Responsible for updating outside after hour vendors with on-boarding and departing providers.
- Builds all Visit Types (VT) and scheduling blocks and links them to scheduling templates and work closely with IT to link various VT and benefit groups.
- Tests provider templates, questionnaires and monitor for design accuracy in accordance with the FGP Patient Access guidelines.
- Communicates to clinical leadership and operational leadership when templates are built and testing is completed.
- Responsible for working QGenda work que by designated guidelines/deadlines.
- Updates Patient Access Leadership (Televox, Scheduling, ROI and all other areas under Patient Access) when providers on-board or leave The College.
- Closes provider’s templates, distributes “bump list” and manage and monitor updates.
- Manages all clinic and college wide closures.
- Maintains college wide data for provider's templates closure.
- Partners with Patient Access Trainers to develop and train staff on clinic cancelations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.