Performs complex research of an advanced nature under the general direction of the Principal Investigator. Typically requires a high-level of skills and expertise in the area of research specialty.
- Plans, directs and conducts research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Develops research techniques and performs applications required for specific research projects.
- May conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- May supervise, schedule and coordinate the activities of less experienced research staff.
- Conduct research projects, both independently and with others.
- Purchasise, sett up and maintain equipment necessary to conduct research.
- Teach techniques, procedures, and experimental design to other members of the lab.
- Communicate research results during our group meetings, and in local/national/international research meetings and conferences.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Ability to perform electrophysiology in dissociated neurons and in brain slices.
- Dissect rat cortical, hippocampal neurons, or both.
- Ability to maintain an electrophysiology rig.
- Express transgenes in neurons of brain slices using viruses and/or in utero electroporation.
- Experience with imaging neural activity (e.g. voltage or calcium) in brain slices or in vivo, using 1P and/or 2P imaging
- Ability to code using Matlab, Python, or other languages.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston