Assistant Professor of Information Technology
Position Type Faculty, Tenure Track Classification Title Assistant Professor of Information Technology Position's Functional Title Assistant Professor of Information Technology Position Start Date 08/16/2021 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
The Division of Science, Mathematics and Technology seeks applicants for a full-time, tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the primary area of Information Technology. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate/graduate IT related courses. We seek candidates with outstanding teaching skills, experience working with non-traditional and diverse student populations, evidence of a potential or distinguished record of scholarship as well as community service via projects, committees and/or leadership roles.
Governors State University is the only regional public comprehensive university in Chicago’s south suburban area, serving more than 5,500 students annually. Since its founding in 1969, GSU has offered accessible, high-value educational opportunities to a culturally diverse student body of first-generation students, returning adults, and veterans. With the lowest undergraduate tuition in Illinois, GSU offers accredited programs that have earned high praise from national accrediting agencies. In 2014, GSU accepted its inaugural class of first-year students as it transitioned from an upper-division and graduate institution into a regional comprehensive university with a state-of-the-art general education program. New faculty at GSU must demonstrate enthusiasm and ability to work with students at all levels, from first-year to graduate.
Through its strategic plan, Vision 2020, GSU emphasizes excellence, access, and innovation. Students benefit from the university’s academic quality, range of convenient class times, increasingly numerous hybrid and online offerings, and outstanding educational value. Our innovative lower-division program uses high-impact practices to foster student engagement with ethics, citizenship, and innovative thinking. Every first-year class is taught by a full-time faculty member to ensure that students have a strong foundation for their studies. GSU is a national leader in successful transfer of community college students to universities, and is leading through the Kresge-supported Dual Degree Program, with features such as tuition lock-in at GSU for academically eligible community college students who commit to earn an Associate Degree and attend college full-time. GSU offers a wide variety of master’s programs and several applied doctoral degrees in health, counseling fields, and Interdisciplinary Leadership.
GSU’s 750-acre campus encompasses the Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park yet is conveniently located within easy reach of Chicago and surrounding communities with a wealth of cultural and natural attractions. The highly diverse region GSU serves has a number of high-performing schools and engaged communities as well as struggling urban, suburban, and rural communities. GSU serves as a public square, working to foster educational opportunities for all populations.
It is the policy of Governors State University, in its role as educator, employer, and purchaser of goods and services, to provide equal opportunity and affirmative action. Discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status is strictly prohibited.
Salary and benefits package are commensurate with education and experience.
1. Ph.D. in IT or related fields.
2. Knowledge and ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses
3. Documented record of an ability to make intellectual contributions through scholarly publications/presentations consistent with the maintenance of AQ (“Academically Qualified”) faculty status under accreditation standards.
1. Professional (i.e., industry) experience is highly desirable.
2. Teaching and/or professional experience in multiple areas.
3. Interest in and ability to develop and teach online (web-based) courses.
4. Industry recognized certification(s) is highly desirable.
Posting Date 12/23/2020 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Number FA0366P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5461 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- * What academic discipline did you earn your degree(s)
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience teaching at the college/university
- * Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Letter of Recommendation
- Certification/Professional License
- Research Documents
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Teacher Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest