2200 University Drive,, McKinney Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Clinic Dentist
Provide clinical supervision and instruction for students and patients in accordance with the course syllabus and college policy and continue to update and revise course/clinic content and teaching methodology in order to maintain currency. Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend their adoption or collection when appropriate; provide advise and/or assistance to associate faculty/full time faculty in regard to course content and instructional materials; and work with students and patients to provide dental hygiene services needed and meet CODA (Commission on Dental Accreditation) and TSBDE (Texas State Board of Dental Examiners) requirements and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow Standards and Guidelines for the Dental Profession as set forth by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and Texas State Board of Dental Examiners to insure, with the Program Director and other faculty, that all the requirements are being met for accreditation. Assist the Program Director in gathering data and completion of the annual report and self-study for Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Supervise clinical training by maintaining relationships with student/patient clinical experiences to insure competencies for each student are being met, maintain records of student grades in clinical courses, schedule, conduct and evaluate students clinical skills and knowledge.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintain
current licensure and continuing education requirements.
Clinic duties for Dentist
- Clinic instruction, evaluation, diagnosis, and administration of local anesthesia.
- Counseling students, staff and patients.
- Supervision of care and treatment of clinic patients in conformance with the Texas State Dental Practice Act.
- Performance of additional duties as requested by the Director/Dean of Health Sciences/Emergency Services/Physical Education.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
DDS degree required as well as successful completion of an accredited dental program.
Four (4) or more years experience as a Dentist. Formal educational/teacher course work is preferred.
Current DDS licensure in the state of Texas is required.
***This position is generally limited to working a maximum of 14.5 hours per week.(Maximum hours for employees with more than one part-time position at Collin College may vary.)***
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $52.90 - 52.90
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.