Director of Community Outreach and Development
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: The primary outcome and urgent focus of this position is to add new student enrollment to the campus and assist others to meet their new student enrollment goals. These enrollment targets are set each year in the University budgeting process.Success in this role is defined by meeting or exceeding campus new student enrollment in each quarter.
With limited supervision, the Director of Community Outreach and Development (DCOD) markets the campus and program offerings to businesses, organizations and community partners in a specified territory to generate interest among stakeholders resulting in community relationships, awareness, agreements and prospective students. This individual is responsible for industry knowledge related to degrees offered at the campus and regularly conducts local market research to assess employer need. In addition, the DCOD is responsible for managing a calendar of recruitment activities and fairs, meeting monthly and annual plans for outreach activities and the admissions funnel resulting in meeting set goals for new students. The DCOD must conduct activities in accordance with state, federal, accreditation, regulatory, and South University policies, consistent with the highest ethical standards.
The Director of Community Outreach and Development can expect regular travel within designated region. As with most externally focused positions, the individual should expect that a large percentage of time be spent in the community and not on the campus. This individual must be flexible with extended hours and days of work, when necessary, to meet the needs of partners and the campus.The incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy: Quality services to students; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Collaborate often with campus President, along with University Administration Marketing, Admissions and Academic Affairs leadership, to create, implement and monitor a multi-year outreach plan aligned with the South University Strategic Initiative for "Strategic Alignment and Growth" through community outreach resulting in meeting new student enrollment goals directly or indirectly through Admission Representatives.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with new and target markets, including but not limited to; secondary and post-secondary academic institutions, businesses, hospitals, military bases, government agencies, and community organizations, that results in awareness, partnerships, and agreements.
- Frequently and urgently partner with admissions representatives, academic program directors and faculty to participate in ongoing inquiry and application producing activities, such as local and regional information meetings, college fairs, classroom presentations, career days, and the development of articulation agreements and targeted grants.
- Schedule and conduct visits with appropriate businesses, organizations, and community partners.Maintain a future calendar, recorded daily, and meet production goals.
- Analyzes ROI from events and reports results to Campus Leaders, AVC Admissions and Director of Local Marketing; perpetually seeks to eliminate historically weak activities, and identify new opportunities for enrollment growth.
- Partner with staff and faculty within the assigned campus to leverage existing relationships and expertise, and facilitate community outreach among these individuals.
- Improve awareness and reputation of South University, including the history, academic programs and market differentiators.
- Plans, organizes, and executes on-campus events to generate interest in South University programs and drives campus visits, inquiries and agreements.
- Works closely with the Admissions and Academic teams to constantly improve the quality of prospective students and enrollment conversion.
- Communicates needs in the local market to campus and academic leaders to vision and implement new programs and partnerships such as such as corporate training seminars, certifications, diploma and/or short-term programs.
- Identifies marketing materials for outreach and presentation purposes in collaboration with Local Marketing.
- Utilizes technology, public speaking skills, and all presentation materials to deliver effective multimedia presentations. Keeps abreast of current industry and approved South University school information to use for presentation purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
degree required in marketing, business or related field
of four years' experience in yielding successful results with the
development, implementation, successful execution of plans to
generate new business in targeted market segments and
in selling and building partnership accounts leading to
demonstrated business growth
years' experience in Higher education and academic marketing or
admissions, and market development experience for B2B
literate on a windows platform; working knowledge of MS
interpersonal, and written and oral communication
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other details Required Education Bachelor's Degree
- South University West Palm Beach, FL, 9801 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, Florida, United States of America
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in West Palm Beach