Application Developer and Integration Specialist
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is currently looking to hire an Application Developer for their team. The Application Developer and Integration Specialist is responsible for the engineering, programming, and data integration of applications using the technologies which support the university's intranet, portal, online learning, identity management, business systems, and eCommerce environments. The position is highly technical and directly impacts the form and function of the above environments. It will be primarily focused on building and maintaining solutions utilizing technologies within the University toolset, such as Oracle Weblogic, SharePoint, ColdFusion, etc. The developer assists in gathering requirements, working directly with customers, and is responsible for the timely delivery of high quality solutions according to those requirements.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Design, code, modify, test, and document programs and data integrations as necessary.
- Provide hands-on technical support for all aspects of daily operations of middleware technologies.
- Communication with other customers and other IT teams to better understand their technology requirements and issues. Define / refine requirements as needed, provide application demonstrations to customers and guide user acceptance testing.
- Attend meetings related to development projects and application support. Participate in committees and task forces as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years building full web applications/solutions using one or more of the following technologies:
- Familiar with MVC frameworks/development methodologies
- Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web applications
- Expertise in the design, implementation, and deployment of user-centric software, with focus on usability
- Ability to keep up with the pace of change in technology
- Creativity and strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to plan, manage and implement tasks in a complex university environment
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines, as necessary
- Excellent command of English language
- Advanced oral and written communication skills; strong proofreading skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
- Positive, productive team player
- Ability to tactfully handle difficult situations and ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Ability to develop cooperative working relationships with University Information Technology staff members
- Seek guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties
- Ability to support IT Core Values by focusing on improvements, believing in our team and partners throughout the university, learning from mistakes, being accountable for actions, and showing determination, focus and tenacity
- Experience with Salesforce, Sitecore, Oracle SOA Suite, PingIdentity, SharePoint a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Background in an educational environment
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach