Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Work Schedule: Typically 19 hours per week. Mon.- Thurs. 12 hours in the mornings or afternoons, Sunday - 1pm-8pm.
The purpose of this position is to perform duties at the circulation desk including greeting and directing patrons; checking items in and out; shelving materials; maintaining order in the collection; and creating library displays. Library Clerks utilize equitable service standards that are representative of a diverse college campus; they will also ensure that patron privacy (as defined by the American Library Association) is upheld at all times.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Greets patrons, directs patrons to library and other campus locations and answers main phone.
- Enters and updates patron records.
- Refers patrons to Information Desk for research assistance.
- Checks library materials in and out.
- Collects fines and fees for overdue, lost, or damaged materials.
- Assists Circulation Supervisor in searching for requested and missing materials.
- Shelves library materials and maintains order on the shelves, including shifting the collection whenever necessary.
- Shelf-reads the collection for accuracy.
- Keeps reserve materials accurately shelved and organized.
- Pulls materials in need of mending, binding, or replacement and routes items to Technical Services for repair.
- Oversees patron use of copiers and assists with faxes, scanning, and printing as needed.
- Responsible for opening and/or closing procedures.
- Participates in staff development activities.
- Assists in the pulling, packing, and sorting of interlibrary loan materials.
- Creates and maintains data files.
- Responsible for reconciling cash till in the absence of the Circulation Supervisor and Technician.
- Collaborates with Circulation Supervisor and other clerks to create library displays.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, and constructive attitude with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Conducts special projects as assigned by the Library Management Team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : High school diploma or GED
Additional Minimum Qualifications :
Level I: High school diploma or equivalent required. Customer service and/or library experience preferred.
Level II: 20 or more credits towards an Associate’s degree, Applied Associate’s degree, or certification from a two-year college or professional/technical school or program OR a minimum of six month’s academic or public library experience required. Familiarity with Alma or other ILS (integrated library system) preferred.
Level III: Associate’s degree, Applied Associate’s degree, or certification from a two-year college or professional/technical school or program OR a minimum of six month’s academic or public library experience required. Familiarity with Alma or other ILS (integrated library system) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service and/or interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient skills in using a personal computer, including Microsoft Office applications, internet, and email.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, copier, printer.
Advertised: 04 Sep 2020 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Sep 2020 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene