Work Site Location: Two positions available - Sandpoint or Coeur d'Alene
Please indicate in your cover letter which location you prefer
Work Schedule: This benefited position is 76% full-time and works 1,558 hours per school year, Aug - June
In conjunction with the North Idaho College Head Start mission, Five-Year Goals and in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations the Assistant Teacher under general direction assists the Classroom Teacher with implementing a comprehensive child development program.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, staff, families and the community.
- Conduct classroom hours each week per classroom schedule. Attendance is mandatory for teaching staff during classroom hours.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, clean, healthy, and organized learning environment.
- Participate in ensuring active supervision of all children in the classroom.
- Assist in planning, preparation and implementing classroom curriculum and learning experiences, with the classroom team.
- Assist in screenings, assessments and goal setting for children including collecting anecdotal records and portfolio entries, as needed or required by center model.
- Support the development of relationships between children and their families through involvement in the program.
- Support disability services in the classroom.
- Support individual children in meeting their basic developmental needs, including, feeding and toileting
- Participate in professional development opportunities to ensure up-to-date, quality services to children and families.
- In absence of Classroom Teacher, take the lead responsibility for the classroom.
- Participate as part of the center team to ensure efficient center operations.
- Participate in a program committee as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Plan work time to meet the center operations schedule, knowing that flexibility is required to meet the unique needs of the Head Start program and its participants.
Education and Experience : Associate’s Degree and 0.5 year(s) of experience
Additional Minimum Qualifications :
Level I: A Child Development Associates Credential, or State awarded certificate that meets or exceeds the CDA credential, are enrolled in a program that will lead to a Baccalaureate degree or, are enrolled in a CDA credential program to be completed within two years of the time of hire.
Level II: An Associate in Early Childhood Education, or Child Development OR an Associate degree in any other field of study AND: A major in Early Childhood Education or Child Development.
• Experience as a staff or volunteer in a preschool classroom, with preference given to Head Start experience.
Required License and/or Certifications (upon hire) :
• Register with Idaho STARS and participate in the professional development system.
• Meet all training and certification requirements for child care licensing and Head Start Program Performance Standards.
• Maintain current Infant/child & Adult CPR and First Aid.
• Meet terms of Statement of Agreement/ Employment Declaration.
• Pass an enhanced criminal background check including fingerprinting, as required by Head Start Program Performance Standards and Child Care Licensing requirements, prior to first day of work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people from diverse ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
• Positive approach to Early Childhood Development programs, health and social services.
• Working knowledge of commonly used computer software programs including data collection systems.
Advertised: 04 Sep 2020 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Sep 2020 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Teacher Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene