Manager, Student Transitions
Title: Manager, Student Transitions
Anticipated Closing Date: September 27, 2020
Required Documents Needed to Upload at Time of Application:
· Unofficial Transcripts
Reference check requirements:
· Non-supervisory roles: three (3) current or former supervisors
· Supervisory roles: two (2) current or former supervisors and one (1) current or former direct report
· Personal references (friends, co-workers, clergy, customers, relatives) are not considered acceptable references
About Pellissippi State Community College
Pellissippi State Community College is one of 40 institutions in the Tennessee Board of Regents system. TBR is the governing board of the College System of Tennessee, offering more than 400 programs of study at the state’s 13 community colleges, 27 colleges of applied technology and the online TN eCampus. The college serves an average of 10,000 students, making it the largest community college in Tennessee by enrollment. Pellissippi State Community College offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement programs, time off including annual and sick leave, and much more.
In 2018, Pellissippi State became a member of an Achieve the Dream (ATD) three-year cohort adopting a theme of Start Strong, Stay Strong, Finish Strong for our work. Achieve the Dream has partnered with the program Integrated Student Experience at Pellissippi State (Insteps) to improve the fall-to-fall retention rates for full-time and part-time students by 13% in the next five years. Our vision is to ensure every student who attends Pellissippi State will develop a sense of belonging and confidence in their ability to succeed academically, grow intellectually, and make timely progress towards achieving their educational and vocational goals. If this is something that aligns with your values, we encourage you to apply.
Position Summary: The overall purpose of this job is to manage and provide holistic support, programming and resources to students with the goal of improving retention, progression, and graduation rates for all students through focused and strategic intervention. The goal of the position is to close equity gaps and facilitate success in college for assigned student groups.
Number of Positions: 1
Position #: 101270
Department: Student Transitions & Persistence
Location of Position: Hardin Valley Campus, Knoxville, TN
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
30% Assist the Director, Student Transitions & Persistence in the development of student success strategy and initiatives in support of the college and departmental mission. Directly supervise student support specialists. Maintain coaching responsibilities for identified student groups (ex. First-year students, adult learners, underrepresented minority students) to create a comprehensive academic support plan
· Assist students in identifying their personal support system: faculty/staff/peer mentor, services, resources and referrals.
· Assist students with core academic and support processes (admissions, advising, financial aid, scholarships, major/degree information, etc.) and make appropriate referrals.
· Track student success initiatives
30% Assess the specific needs of students on assigned campuses and develop programming and support to address these needs.
20% Plan and implement programs that support student success, engagement and a sense of belonging. Assist with progress reporting and early alert program referrals and response.
15% Assist with the planning and execution of new student orientation and welcome week activities.
5% Other responsibilities as determined by supervisor
Note: The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· 3 years of experience and knowledge of academic advising, degree options and transfer pathways, student retention theories and practice
Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% credit of full-time work experience.
Key Result Areas:
· GPA, Fall-to-Fall retention, and graduation rates of assigned student’s demographic/student groups.
· Number of students served programs.
Scope of Responsibility:
· Knowledge of student retention theories and practices that address the academic and social needs of students that represent diverse backgrounds.
· Familiar with basic applied student development theory and best practices in advising.
Pay Rate: $44,430 - $54,990/per year. Pay will be determined based on related work experience above required. To be considered in determining pay, all related work experience must be listed on the application. This is an exempt level position.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered for a position at Pellissippi State, you must create an on-line application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Work experience that is not listed on the application will not be considered towards compensation. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. Please note: to scan, upload, or attach documents, a computer and scanner are available at the Hardin Valley Campus Educational Resources Center, if needed.
Pellissippi State has an approved internship program managed by the human resources department. For work experience credit, interns who participated in this approved internship program for one or more semesters are considered to have earned two (2) years of work experience credit at Pellissippi State. This credit does not apply to temporary part-time contract workers, student employees, work study employees, interns who were not specifically recruited by human resources, adjuncts, or volunteers. If you believe you have participated in an approved internship program, please contact human resources at email@example.com prior to completing your application.
Pellissippi State Community College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer
If you have any problems or questions please contact Human Resources at Pellissippi State Community College’s Human Resource Office at 865-694-6607 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
A summary of our benefits can be found at http://www.pstcc.edu/hr/benefits
If you are interested in this position, click on the link to the left to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Knoxville