Assistant Professor - Masters of Library and Information Science
The Masters of Library and Information Science Program
(MLIS)at St. Catherine University
invites applications for a full time Assistant Professor to teach
in and coordinate the School Library Media Specialist (SLMS) licensure program in the Master of Library and
Information Science Degree Program. The selected candidate is
expected to have responsibilities in teaching, research and
TheMLISProgram at St. Catherine University is a mission-driven and student-centered program that works to empower people through information and technology for a more just, equitable, and compassionate world. Our students are prepared to be critical thinkers and leading information professionals who promote equity through access, use, evaluation, sharing, and creation of information. TheMLISprogram is the onlyALA-accredited program in the state of Minnesota and has formed strong partnerships with area school libraries.
Based in the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota, St. Kate’s is home to a diverse group of nearly 5,000 students in a wide array of disciplines and degree levels. At its heart, the legacy of its founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet (CSJs), informs every facet of the private Catholic University. Faculty and Staff evidence commitment to the values inspired by the Sisters, including those of community, spirituality, and social justice. We welcome, teach and mentor a diverse student population and support faculty and staff in their goals to create a culture of inclusive excellence
- Teaching in the classroom, online, and in the clinical setting,
and coordinating academic-clinical partnership
- Engage in scholarship and service per University
- Advise graduate students in theSLMSProgram
- Engage in service activities with colleagues, the department,
school, campus, community, and professional
- The selected candidate will work closely with the St. Catherine
University Education Department as well as with the Minnesota
Department of Education to move students towards
- Ensure that courses in theSLMSProgram
comply with state and federal standards, and file necessary reports
with the Minnesota Department of Education
- Provide oversight for theSLMScurriculum and will occasionally teach courses in
- The teaching load is six sections (18 credits) per academic
- This position receives one course release per year to coordinate theSLMSProgram
- Master’s degree in library and information science
- Licensed School Library Media Specialist with experience
working in school libraries
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D., Ed.D.) in school librarianship,
education, educational technology, or closely related
- School Library Media Specialist License in state of
- Experience teaching pre-licensure students in classroom and clinical formats.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-690-6565.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty and
staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes
cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Consistent with
the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice,
preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in
their teaching, work, research and/or service.
To apply:Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to electronically apply. Attach a cover letter, CV, and a statement of teaching interests. Candidates selected for an interview will need to provide three references. Official transcripts and successful background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Dr. Joyce Yukawa, Program Director (email@example.com). Review of applications will begin October 1, 2020 and the posting will close on October 23, 2020.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace/Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Please give two specific examples of actions and/or
contributions you have made in your current or previous roles to
promote a culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion. What
were the outcomes?
(Open Ended Question)
- Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) are mission critical at
St. Kate's. If you are hired for this position, what specific
actions would you take to demonstrate your commitment to DEI?
(Open Ended Question)
- Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United
States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware that St. Catherine
University is only able to consider candidates who are authorized
to work in the United States.
- St. Catherine University welcomes applications from candidates
who are traditionally under-represented. We are happy to consider
candidates who are currently in possession of a temporary work
visa, however, please be aware that we do not offer H1-B
sponsorship. Will you now or in the future require an employer to
sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g.
- Can you perform the essential functions of this position with
or without accommodation?
- Please indicate your highest level of completed education.
- High School diploma / G.E.D.
- Certificate program
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- PhD or other doctorate level degree
- Are you a licensed School Library Media Specialist?
- In which state do you hold your School Library Media Specialist
(Open Ended Question)
- How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University Website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- Newspaper - Star Tribune paper
- Newspaper - Star Tribune web
- Community agency
- Newspaper - Pioneer Press paper
- Newspaper -Pioneer Press web
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Interests