Enrollment Services Representative
Enrollment Services Representative
Job ID: 220518
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Enrollment Services Representative assists students and University constituents with enrollment-related needs as it pertains to Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Registrar functions, and Admissions functions as well as other general inquiries using excellent customer service in the university's first-stop enrollment services department.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Provide direct customer assistance to prospective and current students and their supporters with enrollment processes primarily in Financial Aid, Registrar, Bursar, and Admissions departments
- Face-to-Face Center: Assist students and university constituents who come to the first-stop Enrollment Services Department
- Call Center: Answer high-volume, multi-line phone system
- Understand current Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, Bursar policies and procedures and how they impact student enrollment processes
- Provide excellent customer service consistently and professionally
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Education/Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of complex student information systems used in higher education (Banner, Xtender, etc.)
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- One or more years of previous office experience
- Experience in a high-volume, first-stop centralized office (ex. Enrollment Services Center) or high-volume call center
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proficient with computers and computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Google, position-specific applications and e-mail
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to student service and success and ability to provide service for individuals as well as groups
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Effective communication (verbal and written), human relations and organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
Apply Before Date
September 15, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- Workweek periodically may include flex hours (ex. a 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., shift), and may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- Confined to a workstation for extended hour intervals throughout the workday
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
3900715100 Enrollment Services
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=220518&PostingSeq=1