Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management
Visit our Vice Chancellor Search landing page
In addition to this job announcement, please visit our Vice Chancellor Search landing page for more information.: https://www.uwec.edu/about/chancellors-office/vice-chancellor-searches/
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire seeks a dynamic individual with proven leadership skills to guide campus enrollment management. Reporting directly to the Chancellor, the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management will create a strong enrollment management plan, work collaboratively across the university to implement it and reach its goals. For this position, UW-Eau Claire is seeking candidates who have a strong record of engaging institutions in setting, meeting and exceeding recruitment, retention and graduation goals for undergraduate and graduate programs.
The Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management is a senior administrator, serving on the Chancellor’s executive leadership team and representing the University to the University of Wisconsin System. As a colleague and partner with the executive team, the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management works collaboratively across divisions to guide and advise the Chancellor and University leadership on enrollment managementResponsibilities Leadership
- Lead the successful operation of the division of Enrollment Management, in support of university goals.
- Oversee the following units:
- Advising, Retention and Career Center
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Blugold Central, a one-stop student support center that
- Financial Aid
- Records and Registration
- Continuing Education
- Small Business Development Center
- Transit and Parking Services
- Recreation and Sport programming
- Housing and Residence Life programming
- Coordinate enrollment management efforts at UW-Barron County, a two-year branch campus.
- Foster and grow collegial partnerships with the divisions of Academic Affairs and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion & Student Affairs to engage faculty and staff in enrollment management. This requires leadership and followership, vision and grassroots effort and the ability to get things done.
- Work closely with Integrated Marketing and Communications and the UW-Eau Claire Foundation, Inc., in support of enrollment management goals.
- Lead the campus in creating a dynamic, data-driven and effective enrollment management plan in support of the university and EDI strategic plans.
- Work across divisions to implement the enrollment plan, setting and assessing goals, and providing strategic direction to the Chancellor.
- Implement best practices in recruitment, retention, financial aid and scholarship awards.
- Engage Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation units in supporting enrollment management outcomes.
The successful candidate will be an experienced higher education administrator, with the vision, energy, and interpersonal and leadership skills needed to engage the University in achieving ambitious goals. The successful candidate will have proven success in leading best-practice recruitment, financial aid, and retention efforts for public and/or private universities. Experience with recruitment of traditional undergraduate and transfer students is essential, as is experience growing and shaping enrollment of multicultural and high-ability students. The Vice Chancellor should be skilled at hiring, motivating and developing staff, fostering teamwork and managing change. The Vice Chancellor will have:
- A passion for analytics and data-driven action.
- A high degree of skill in relationship-building and partnering.
- The ability to initiate and lead cross-divisional programs and projects.
- An understanding of higher education trends, regional and national demographics, academic program demand, and current markets.
- Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusivity demonstrated by leadership, active planning, allocation of resources, and accountab
- An appreciation of UW-Eau Claire’s mission of excellence and inclusion and ability to communicate what makes the institution distinctive.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Demonstrated success in developing, implementing, championing and meeting enrollment goals in a public or private college or university.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Supervisory experience.
- Master's degree (or equivalent) or terminal degree from an accredited institution.
- Proven ability to improve student retention at a public or private university or college.
- Leadership in relevant professional and community organizations.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,250 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/ .You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management position (Job ID # 16630) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum vita
- Names and full contact information for five professional references.
Please direct requests for additional information to: Ms. M.J. Brukardt, Special Assistant to the Chancellor firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by September 25, 2020. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report (https://www.uwec.edu/files/8/annual-security-report.pdf) . Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy (https://www.uwec.edu/files/787/CleryCompliancePolicy.pdf).
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.