Instructional Designer, College of Education
Eastern University is seeking a full-time instructional designer with experience in both course design and online teaching. This position will support the design and development of engaging, learner-centered undergraduate and graduate courses, modules, and materials in D2L/Brightspace. The instructional designer will work in conjunction with subject matter experts and the Center for Teaching, Learning and Technology to create engaging coursework with a focus on asynchronous remote learning, interactive e-learning, multimedia production, screencasts, simulation, self-paced coursework and resource materials.
The instructional designer will participate in the initial needs assessment, design, and development of the assigned course(s), some of which may already have an on-ground version. In addition, the instructional designer will review existing online courses for quality control, consistency of design and academic rigor. In addition to creating and curating training material, the instructional designer will assist faculty with the use of instructional technology to enhance teaching and learning.
The candidate must exhibit extensive knowledge of relevant technologies and the principles and theories of adult learning. Teaching experience is preferred, as is a familiarity with D2L/Brightspace.
Requires a master’s degree in instructional design, curriculum/ instructional development, instructional technology, or a related field and/or 2 years of experience in instructional design.
- Requires online teaching experience, either in K-12 or higher education. Online corporate/non-profit teaching and training will also be considered.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of learning and instructional theories and their applications.
- Requires interest in and knowledge of emerging educational technologies.
- Requires the ability to research solutions and respond promptly and clearly to faculty throughout the troubleshooting process.
- Requires ability to develop learning objects that are compatible with specifications of Eastern University’s learning management system (D2L/Brightspace) and troubleshoot issues in compatibility.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to work with staff with diverse backgrounds and perspectives on the use of technology in a variety of learning capacities.
- Requires open, timely, and consistent communication with the supervisor and content expert; and the ability to escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Requires experience with project management and effective time management, especially as it relates to the prioritization of multiple tasks.
- Embodies values of caring and compassion, justice and integrity, competence and affirmation.
- Seeks to treat each member of the campus community with fairness, dignity and respect seeking a spirit of unity and harmony as we join together to achieve our common mission.
- Masters degree, with Instructional Design Experience and/or training
- Regular use of a computer and expertise with the following software: Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be familiar with video-capturing and editing technology. Experience with Zoom, Kaltura and/or Camtasia are a plus.
- Experience with course design and instruction within an LMS is required.
- Effective problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills and strong ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
Apply for Instructional Designer, College of Education
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterbrook
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterbrook
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterbrook
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterbrook