Assistant/Associate Dean for Admissions at Chicago Medical School
We at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFUMS), the only graduate health Sciences University in the United States named after a woman scientist, welcome applications for the next Chicago Medical School (CMS) Assistant/Associate Dean for Admissions. RFUMS places unique emphasis on interprofessional training and practice and is comprised of five postgraduate health professions schools and colleges. Chicago Medical School, which recently celebrated its 108th anniversary, is located in the city of North Chicago, Illinois, a richly diverse community. Centered between the thriving cities of Chicago and Milwaukee at the northeast corner of Illinois, the area boasts a broad array of cultures, religions, and ethnic heritages.
Inclusiveness and diversity are integral to Chicago Medical School’s commitment to excellence in research, engagement, and education, and we encourage applications from candidates that identify with groups that are historically underrepresented in medicine.
This individual will provide administrative oversight of the holistic evaluation and admissions process and reports to the Vice Dean of Chicago Medical School. The CMS Assistant/Associate Dean for Admissions will serve as a member of the CMS Diversity Advisory Council and act as the liaison between the CMS Dean’s office, the faculty-led CMS Student Admissions Committee (SAC), and the Division of Strategic Enrollment Management (Office of Admissions and Enrollment) for the University.
This successful candidate should possess a deep understanding of medical education spanning pre-medical to graduate levels, and a successful track record of recruiting highly talented and diverse student classes. A member of the CMS leadership team, this individual should practice a collaborative and facilitative work style, embrace innovation, and have strong attention to detail and evidence-based processes.
Excellent interpersonal skills; including strong communication skills and effective consensus-driven decision-making practices, are required for this position. The successful candidate must also demonstrate strong professional integrity, a reputation for fairness and flexibility, and share our commitment to expand and strengthen diversity in healthcare.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead ongoing CMS admissions strategic planning and continuous quality improvement processes that establish short and long-term programmatic goals resulting in the achievement of measurable outcomes used to meet enrollment goals.
- Lead the review of CMS admissions policies and performance on an annual basis with the chair(s) of the SAC, the RFUMS Associate Vice President (AVP) of Admissions and Recruitment, and other key CMS stakeholders. Ensure the effective monitoring of CMS admissions compliance and best practices with accreditation standards, federal and state regulations, and recommend any determined changes to the Dean of CMS.
- Ensure the alignment of CMS admissions strategic priorities with the goals and priorities of the School and University.
- Provide counsel and insight regarding national trends and strategies recommended by national organizations as well as successful trends in medical schools, and innovate accordingly.
- Advise and update CMS leadership regarding admissions and recruitment goals and outcomes.
- Collaborate with respective RFUMS divisions to establish and maintain strategic priorities and policies for CMS admissions relating to pipeline and other academic programs.
- Collaborate with the Office of Admissions & Enrollment and the Office of Diversity & Inclusion to achieve the medical school’s enrollment goals for student diversity and inclusion with respect to recruitment and admissions.
- Lead and oversee the process that ensures the reliability and consistency of the CMS holistic admissions evaluation process in coordination with the RFUMS Assistant Vice President of Admissions and Recruitment.
- In partnership, and with the approval of the CMS SAC, lead the review and determination of the qualitative indicators in the holistic admissions and Multiple Mini Interview processes while adhering to medical school admissions accreditation, legal, and federal requirements.
- Lead the oversight and coordination between the RFUMS Office of Admissions & Enrollment and CMS faculty to ensure 100% participation of faculty in the CMS admissions interview process.
- Participate in SAC working groups and subcommittee meetings as a resource to provide guidance in the alignment of goals and actions with CMS established priorities and SAC approved policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice Dean, Chicago Medical School.
Required Education & Experience
- Advanced degree (DO, MD, Ph.D., Ed.D, DHSc, JD)
- 5 years’ experience working in admissions, or a higher education setting.
- Position will hold a faculty appointment at the appropriate rank, subject to satisfactory results from a background check and the approval of the applicable academic committees, Vice President of Faculty Affairs, and the Board of Trustees.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to work with the administrative leadership of the School and University equitably representing the interests of all constituencies.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment with the commitment to do so as a faculty member.
- A demonstrated record of excellent interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolutions skills with students and faculty.
- Highly professional individual with an honest, genuine, and direct communication style.
- Emotional maturity with the ability to demonstrate tact, discretion, and job diplomacy.
- Significant understanding of higher education administration with a proven knowledge of budgeting and fiscal management.
- Proven track record of integrity and trustworthiness in the workplace and the ability to build healthy relationships.
- Medical school admissions experience preferred.
- Experience with Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME) medical school accreditation process preferred.
Typical Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Work is of light physical demand in an office setting with duties performed while sitting, standing or occasionally stooping.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Abbott Park
- Health & Medicine Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Abbott Park
- Medicine Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Abbott Park
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Abbott Park
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Abbott Park