Senior Research Assistant
Performs complex, responsible research work of an advanced nature requiring high-level skills and expertise; uses own initiative or supervises others in planning and completing advanced medical or research experiments in accordance with general directions from the principal investigator.
- Plans, directs and conducts research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Develops research techniques and performs applications required for specific research projects.
- May conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Assists in grant preparation and development.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Trains and orients less experienced research staff.
- May supervise, schedule and coordinate the activities of less experienced research staff.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field.
- Experience Required: Four years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Perform routine cell biology and molecular biology studies. Produce large-scale clinical grade Viral Vectors, plasmid DNA and Cell banks in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) facility. The position will require willingness to become familiar and to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices for therapeutic agents. Establish, perform and interpret tests and experiments designated to determine the safety and identity of the therapeutic agents for clinical trials. Independently troubleshoot experiments and assist with the development and implementation of new procedures/processes. Assist in creating standard operating procedures for GMP productions. Assist in training less experienced staff. Responsible for maintaining equipment and documentation to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston