The McGinley lab studies the neural circuit basis of learning and performance of sensory-guided behavioral tasks. The goal of the postdoctoral fellow for this position is to use in vivo electrophysiology and multi-photon imaging to understand the interactions of auditory cortex with other brain areas - such as neuromodulatory centers, frontal cortex, and hippocampus - during sensory-guided behavior. For example, one project will assess how neuromodulatory responses, as measured through imaging of ACh/NE axons in auditory cortex, shape the neural coding of sounds, as measured with electrophysiological approaches. There are opportunities to work on the neural circuits supporting a range of behaviors, including: value-based attention; foraging task, and/or navigation in auditory VR. In addition, there is space to develop your own ideas and gain grant writing experience in a stimulating, collaborative, and supportive environment.
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May be responsible for laboratory operations.
- May supervise research staff.
- Education Required: MD or Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- PhD in neuroscience or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience with in vivo physiology and/or patch-clamp techniques.
- Highly self-motivated with outstanding experimental skills.
- Preference will be given to applicants with published or
accepted high-quality papers in peer-reviewed journals.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston