Research Technician I
A Research Technician I conducts research projects for the Advanced In Vivo Models Core facility under the supervision of the shared resource facility director. This position will assist in the implementation, execution, acquisition and/or analysis of data for Core facility users. Other responsibilities include tracking and reporting Core user services and hours allocated to a project to the immediate lab supervisor to ensure collection of charge-backs.
Nature of certain projects may require occasional weekend work.
Work location: Neurosensory Center, Texas Medical Center
- Chorioallantoic membrane (CAM) in vivo egg model preparation and engraftment of cell culture or patient-derived xenografts for Core facility users on a weekly basis.
- Follows projects through completion (i.e. from engraftment to analysis on assigned projects).
- Acquires data including: Imaging tumors and CAM, tumor and relevant tissue dissection for processing, tissue DNA isolation and analysis, running qPCR and analysis, and detailed experimental procedure recording.
- Compiles user data reports for assigned projects and will send to Core director for review and distribution to Core users.
- Assists with research and development projects as time permits.
- Associate's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Two years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston