Posting Number 2021004 Posting/Functional Title Accountant I University Pay Plan Title Accountant I Location San Marcos Department Accounting Office Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary $3,500.00-$3,750.00 Job Category Non-Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
1. Analytical skills: ability to visualize, articulate, solve problems and concepts, and make sound accounting decisions based on available information.
2. Experience with reconciliations between the general ledger and non- ERP support data.
3. Experience in processing invoices, reimbursements, and payments in accordance with policy.
4. Experience in preparing and formatting Excel spreadsheets for preliminary financial reporting.
5. Experience preparing journal entries.
6. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
7. Ability to work as a team member.
8. Ability to work independently, including working with internal and external customers to resolve issues.
1. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in accounting, finance, or closely related field.
2. Experience with an ERP system (i.e. SAP ).
3. Experience with data imaging solutions.
4. Experience with governmental accounting.
The Accountant I serves as a subject matter expert for payments issued by the Accounts Payable Office. This position will ensure payments are processed in a timely manner to avoid interest payments in accordance with the Prompt Payment Act. The position is responsible for various reconciliations in addition to payment data, such as credit card transactions and general ledger data. The Accountant I enters specific vendor invoices for payment, will interact with both internal and external customers in a courteous and professional manner, and provide training as needed. This position will require adjustment to workload changes and working under pressure to meet deadlines, as well as an ability to work evenings and weekends during peak times, such as prior to holidays, fiscal year end transition, and financial report preparation.
Process daily payment runs (check, direct deposit, or credit card) and bank payment confirmations (positive pay) in the integrated accounting system.
Process the financial transactions for voided payments and re-issues.
Process and reconcile financial transactions for the annual unclaimed property filing.
Evaluate, analyze, and resolve problems with, but not limited to invoices, request forms, payments, funds, or journal entries by addressing with specific staff (i.e. department administrative assistant, Purchasing, or Central Receiving).
Prepare and submit journal entries for various transfers in the integrated accounting system and state accounting system.
Process prepaid fixed asset payments and other payment requests, such as utility and rush invoices.
Complete monthly expense allocations and financial transaction monitoring.
Monitor financial transactions related to the various corporate credit card programs and complete monthly reconciliations between the ERP data and the credit card statements.
Complete various general ledger reconciliations.
Effectively communicate with faculty and staff by answering questions, calls, or e-mails regarding, but not limited to invoices, request forms, journal entries, payments, or the integrated accounting system.
Additional Information to Applicants
TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION, APPLICANTS MUST CLEARLY INDICATE HOW THEY MEET THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS IN THE APPLICATION, COVER LETTER, AND /OR RESUME . FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION .
Some evening and weekend hours may be necessary during peak periods in March, August, September, and December.
Job Open Date 09/03/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) 09/18/2020 Open Until Filled No Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33678 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos