Asst Dir, Accounting
Posting Number 2021005 Posting/Functional Title Assistant Director, Accounting University Pay Plan Title Asst Dir, Accounting Location San Marcos Department Accounting Office Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary $6,666-$7,144 Job Category Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or closely related field, from an accredited university;
2. Progressive managerial experience;
3. Financial accounting and reporting experience;
4. Experience with complex reconciliations of separate financial systems;
5. Ability to apply accounting theory to difficult and complex transactions;
6. Excel proficiency, including use of functions and pivot tables;
7. Attention to detail;
8. Experience with problem solving and analytical writing;
9. Experience setting priorities, organizing workloads, and handling multiple tasks with competing deadlines;
10. Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
11. Ability to analyze complex issues and data, resolve problems quickly based on data, and use discretion with sensitive material
12. Ability to interpret existing and new federal, state, and local regulations and policies to ensure continued accounting and reporting compliance
13. Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with internal and external customers
1. Minimum of 5 years of professional and progressive experience managing in a complex organization
2. Experience with the Uniform Statewide Accounting System ( USAS )
3. Accounts payable experience
4. Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations applicable to higher education
5. Experience with investment accounting
6. Experience with an ERP system ( SAP, Banner, PeopleSoft)
7. Master’s degree in accounting or closely related field
8. Certified Public Accountant
Responsible for overseeing the university’s state appropriations, cash and investment accounting, as well as the maintenance of the chart of accounts. Work involves, but is not limited to, oversight of daily payment processing and the reconciliation between the university’s general ledger system and the Uniform Statewide Accounting System ( USAS ).
• Manage and oversee the institution’s revenue appropriations and serve as the institutional liaison with the State Comptroller’s Office on accounting matters
• Review monthly reconciliations between the university’s general ledger system and the Uniform Statewide Accounting System ( USAS )
• Oversee bank reconciliations and investment accounting
• Participate in the monthly and year-end closing processes by preparing financial statements and reviewing the work of others
• Develop, monitor, and report key financial ratios and metrics
• Oversee creation, deletion, and modification of elements in the university’s chart of accounts
• Interpret and implement federal, state, system, and university policies and regulations
• Design and document internal control procedures
• Oversee requests for financial information to all auditors, both internal and external.
• Research and resolve financial reporting issues
• Provide necessary training and technical assistance to staff
• Make hiring decisions and conduct annual staff performance evaluations
• Other duties as assigned
• Some evening and weekend hours are necessary, with significant amounts during August through October for preparation of the Annual Financial Report and year-end close-out.
Additional Information to Applicants
CANDIDATES MUST CLEARLY INDICATE HOW THEY MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION . THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM MUST BE COMPREHENSIVE AND COMPLETED IN ITS ENTIRETY, INCLUDING WORK HISTORY . FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION .
Some evening and weekend hours are necessary, with peak amounts of overtime during September and October for preparation of the annual financial report and fiscal year-end close-out.
Candidates should be prepared to bring a certified academic transcript if called for an interview.
Job Open Date 09/03/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) Open Until Filled Yes Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33679 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos