Sr Admin Asst
Posting Number 2021006 Posting/Functional Title Senior Administrative Assistant University Pay Plan Title Sr Admin Asst Location San Marcos Department VP for Student Affairs Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary $3,833.33 Job Category Non-Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
Knowledge and experience providing advanced administrative support in a professional office environment or the equivalent.
Ability to coordinate, gather information and compile data as needed for events/meetings.
Experience with making travel arrangements and processing travel reimbursements.
Experienced in purchasing procedures.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Basic accounting skills: budget and reconciliation.
Ability to prepare and proofread clear, concise, and grammatically correct correspondence.
Knowledge of the university’s organizational structure
Knowledge of the university’s policies and procedures
Minimum of three years of experience as an administrative assistant
Responsible for providing administrative officers with assistance regarding administrative matters.
Perform advanced administrative support duties and responsible for the administrative operations of the office.
Answer phone, screen, or transfer calls, take messages, answer questions, and refer callers to other offices as appropriate.
Maintain multiple calendars.
Coordinate, prepare, proofread, and track correspondence as requested by VPSA office staff.
Coordination of office/divisional events and meetings.
Prepare travel requests and reimbursements using Travel Tracks.
Hire, supervise, and train student assistants.
Prepare purchase requisitions and process invoices.
Prepare pcard authorizations, waiver forms and assist with purchase transactions.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Information to Applicants
You will be required to attach a table listing the required and preferred qualifications in the job description and how your experience matches up. This should be attached to the “Required Chart” document section of the application.
Job Open Date 09/03/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) 09/18/2020 Open Until Filled No Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, and chart to your application. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33687 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- Required Chart
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos