Chair and Professor, Department of Curriculum and Instruction
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Texas at Arlington invites applications for the position of Curriculum and Instruction Department Chair. Reporting to the Dean of the College of Education, the Chair is responsible for providing leadership supervising personnel, budget, and general operations of the department; facilitating the development and accomplishment of department goals; supporting faculty scholarship; assisting in the development of departmental grants; maintaining close affiliations with area school districts; and working in a collegial manner with faculty, staff, and students. The chair will provide vision and leadership for the Department to achieve research excellence while continuing the tradition of its rigorous teaching programs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- an established record of refereed high-impact publications, grant funding, and strong teaching commensurate with appointment as Professor
- an earned doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction, special education, educational psychology or a related field from an accredited institution
- at least three years of administrative experience including program coordination in higher education as well as successful experience with program development and program approvals
- demonstrated commitment to diversity and equity in education through leadership, scholarship, teaching, and/or service
Preferred qualifications include:
- evidence that PK-12 education teaching and/or learning is central to the candidate’s research
- experience related to PK-12 teacher education
- understanding of program assessment and accreditation processes/procedures
The appointment as the Fenton Wayne Robnett Endowed Professor of Secondary Education allows for additional funds and resources for a qualified candidate with a background in secondary teacher education.
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction offers undergraduate teacher certification programs in elementary, elementary bilingual and ESL, middle level, secondary, and special education. An expanding offering of on-campus and online certification, endorsements, and master’s degree programs in areas such as elementary bilingual and ESL, literacy, mathematics, and science education with additional online programs in the planning and final approval stages are also provided.
Home to 2,400 students, 44 faculty, and 20 staff members, the College of Education not only prepares education professionals to lead North Texas in a dynamic and changing environment, but also contributes to the national dialogue surrounding education in the 21st Century. The College has two departments: Curriculum and Instruction, and Educational Leadership and Policy Studies with more than 800 graduates in 2019. The College is currently one of the state’s top producers of outstanding education professionals and is committed to meeting the goals of the UTA Strategic Plan/2020 (https://www.uta.edu/strategicplan/).
The University of Texas at Arlington is a Carnegie Research-1 “highest research activity” institution. With total global enrollment of nearly 60,000 during AY 2018-19, UTA is the largest institution in The University of Texas System. Guided by its Strategic Plan Bold Solution / Global Impact, UTA fosters interdisciplinary research within four broad themes: health and the human condition, sustainable urban communities, global environmental impact, and data-driven discovery. UTA was recently cited by U.S. News & World Report as having the second lowest average student debt amount U.S. universities. U.S. News & World Report also ranks UTA fifth among national universities for undergraduate diversity. The University is a Hispanic-Serving Institution and is ranked as the top four-year college in in Texas for veterans on Military Times’ 2017 Best for Vets list.
To apply, applicants should go to https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/12808 and submit the following materials: a letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position requirements, a vita, and contact information for at least five references.
Questions may be addressed to: Dr. Joohi Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information about the University of Texas at Arlington, please visit: http://www.uta.edu/uta .
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Curriculum & Instruction Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Other Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Arlington