College Personnel Asst II
COLLEGE PERSONNEL ASSITANT II FULL TIME
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
Under supervision, performs a variety of moderately complex personnel related clerical duties; and performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes, updates, and maintains computerized and manual personnel records and files for faculty and staff.
- Reviews faculty employment contracts for accuracy of personnel data.
- Prepares and processes documents and forms necessary to initiate and implement personnel actions such as appointments, resignations and salary and title changes.
- Maintains records of leaves of absence, promotions, extensions of leave and related personnel status reports.
- Maintains records of employee addresses, marital status, payroll deductions, insurance, accrued leave and benefits coverage.
- Compiles personnel data for the preparation of administrative reports.
- Performs timekeeping functions and prepares and processes payrolls.
- Maintains employee vacation time, sick leave and absenteeism records.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence Standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or an equivalent is required, supplemented by four years of experience in the preparation and processing of personnel records and files; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations in regard to personnel administration in the department. Considerable knowledge of computer software used in the maintenance of personnel files and records. Good knowledge of payroll and employee benefits procedures.
- Ability to maintain complex records and prepare statistical reports; work with and for a variety of agency administrators, employees and the general public; and ability to type a minimum of fifty words per minute.
- Excellent oral communication skills. Excellent organizational skills and considerable computer and keyboarding skills.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank your for your interest in City College of Chicago !