Community Directors, Residence Life
Curry College is currently accepting applications for two Community Directors. Under the direction of Director of Residence Life and Housing, the Community Director is a part of a residence life and housing program that is evolving and focusing on creating a dynamic living and learning environment for our 1600 resident students. The Community Director will need to be an enthusiastic student-centered, professional who can work independently in a residential area of up to 500 residents and be part of a team of dedicated professionals that works towards creating a vibrant community across the Curry campus. The Community Director supervises and provides a leadership opportunity for 9 to 20 student resident assistants. This is a full-time, 12-month, live-on position. The review of applications will begin immediately.
- Strong understanding of student development and theory and demonstrated application of that in a residential environment.
- Oversee day-to-day administration of their assigned residential area consisting of student concerns, community events, staff, facility and public safety concerns, damage billing and education, etc.
- Provides student advising, mediation and referral to campus resources when appropriate.
- Supervise the social & educational programming efforts of resident assistants in their area by supporting and evaluating these programs.
- Maintain a presence within your residential area as well as throughout the greater Curry community.
- Educate resident students on college policy and community expectations.
- Serve as a Student Conduct Hearing Officer and meet with students that may have violated college policy.
- Collaborate with residence life central office staff and other key departments (Buildings and Grounds, Public Safety, Student Conduct) to maintain residential facilities that are safe and comfortable for personal and academic success.
- Work with the Director of Residence Life & Housing to maintain up-to-date housing assignment information and assists with the necessary paperwork for room assignments and changes.
- Responds, manages and follows up on crises or emergencies within the residential community.
- Assist with the training and on-going development of the student resident assistant staff.
- Serve in the Residence Life On-call rotation for the entire campus community.
- Supervise Resident Assistants.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- One to two years of professional experience working in a residence hall environment. Excellent interpersonal, listening, collaboration and communication skills to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to successfully perform in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to foster productive relationships with various campus groups; Students, faculty, staff, and families.
- Ability to adapt your personal and professional schedule to the unique demands of residence life and the College’s calendar (opening, closing, breaks, etc.).
- Master’s Degree in a related field.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional reference names, one of which must be a former or current supervisor, including complete contact information and professional titles.