Faculty Support Coordinator, Online Programs (Part-Time)
The Faculty Support Coordinator, Online Programs (Part-Time) provides front-line support to faculty teaching in the International Relations (IR) Online programs in the School of International Service. These programs include the MA in International Relations, the Master of International Service, and the MS in International Relations and Business, which collectively support over 350 active students and 50 active faculty. The Coordinator communicates information to International Relations (IR) Online faculty and responds to faculty inquiries. The Coordinator supports best practices for faculty teaching and curriculum assessment to promote faculty excellence and to deliver high-quality programs. The incumbent works with AU’s third-party partner to coordinate faculty training and scheduling.
- Online Faculty Communication: under the direction of the School of International Service (SIS) Faculty Advisor for Online Programs, the incumbent coordinates communication to International Relations (IR) Online faculty, including confirmation of teaching schedules, responding to general inquiries, sending deadline reminders, and drafting communication. Ensures the email distribution list of faculty is current and accurate. Supports the International Relations (IR) Online Office’s academic scheduling processes.
- Online Faculty Training, Onboarding, and Support: coordinates tasks to ensure new faculty are positioned for success in online teaching. Tasks include drafting adjunct appointment memos, ensuring HR paperwork is completed, facilitating introductions, and ensuring required training is completed. Serves as a liaison to the School of International Service (SIS) Office of Faculty Affairs.
- Curriculum Assessment and Improvement: supports the School of International Service (SIS) Office of Online Programs in curriculum assessment and improvement tasks, including managing course readings, the collection, entry, and dissemination of student feedback, analyzing feedback for trends, and assisting with the collection of data for annual curricular assessment.
- Other Duties as Assigned, including, but not limited to, administrative tasks such as calendar management, responding to general inquiries, and participating in office-wide meetings and trainings.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- 20 hours per week, flexible hours
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrated attention to detail. Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Familiarity with supporting educators in an administrative capacity desirable
- Familiarity with human resources, online education, and/or international affairs desirable
- Background check required
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Security Studies Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Political Science & International Relations Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.