2200 University Drive,, McKinney Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Director Testing
Ensure Collin College's compliance with the ever-evolving Texas Success Initiative (TSI) mandated by the State of Texas. Maintain current knowledge of regulations and guidelines by the U.S. Department of Education in regards to numerous testing items accepted or administered in testing centers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight of testing and assessment activities, including instructional testing, correspondence, CLEP, TEXAS SUCCESS INITIATIVE (TSI), ACT and SAT.
- Maintain technical cognizance of in-place District information, course delivery, testing systems and software applications. Provide competent technical and user-knowledgeable support to all District departments in implementation of technology planning, training and upgrades. Evaluate and implement online testing and software resources.
- Ensure current TSI information is disseminated and guidelines are followed. Provide ongoing group/individual training sessions with Testing, Advising, Admissions, Disability Office and Dual Credit staff to enhance current processes in relation to TSI testing and processing of score information.
- Guide current and prospective students through the entrance and placement requirements specific to Texas Success Initiative.
- Provide technical support for District Testing Centers, including computer maintenance, network administration and programming.
- Sustain a program of hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of testing personnel to ensure the security and integrity of the testing program. Recruit, train, supervise and develop staff.
- Work collaboratively with the Dean of Developmental Education to ensure Developmental Education Classes’ cut-scores and Non-Course Base Options (NCBO's) are maintained in a manner that fulfills TSI requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the Registrar to oversee Credit-by-Examination protocol for the District. Review student score reports and approve credits.
- Represent the District with national, state and local professional testing meetings and conferences. Report back to the college on needed changes or enhancements to programs.
- Ensure proper budget expenditures in relation to testing units, professional leave, staffing and office supplies. Provide input to the Deans of Student Development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years of related experience required.
Four (4) years of related experience, preferred.
Two (2) year of supervisory experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Texas Administrative Code-Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board's Texas Success Initiative Rules
- Knowledge of ongoing testing needs of multiple departments and programs
- Knowledge of the ACCUPLACER platform for TSI Assessment administration
- Knowledge of Collin College's Banner system
- Knowledge of Testing Center practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Collin College's Credit-by-Exam policy
- Knowledge of College Board’s CLEP and Advanced Placement programs
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate program
- Knowledge of Developmental Education courses and Non-Course Based Options offered by Collin College
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to oversee budget expenditures
- Ability to represent the college
- Ability to provide oversight of testing and assessment activities
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. N/A Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $57,297.00 - 65,892.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney