3452 Spur 399,, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experienced Buyer
Purchase materials, equipment, supplies and services in accordance with prescribed purchasing and District regulations and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and prepare specifications for written quotes, bids, requests for proposals (RFP) and annual contacts.
- Compile and analyze bid/RFP/quote responses in order to make a determination of the response offering the best value to the District; submit recommendation to the Collin Board of Trustees when Board approval is required.
- Interview and research new vendors and their products.
- Perform contract administration procedures for all contracts and purchases.
- Resolve purchase order/contract disputes and discrepancies related to delivery, shipment, and compliance.
- Analyze requests and determine proper method of procurement.
- Review specifications, requisitions and documents for accuracy and obtain additional information, as needed.
- Determine and document eligibility of suppliers for award of grant funded purchases.
- Review and determine procurement requirements for grant funded purchases.
- Review contracts/agreements and negotiate terms with suppliers.
- Import bid line items into contract management system.
- Conduct bid openings and pre-bid/proposal conferences.
- Keep up-to-date on changes in state laws, policies and procedures to maintain current working knowledge.
- Assist vendors in order to help them understand how to do business with the District. Provide vendors with requested information or documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of related experienceOR any combination of training and education and four (4) years of directly-related work experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of various purchasing methods and procedures, products and sources, general and technical specifications
- Knowledge of District policies and procedures, and laws related to governmental and educational purchasing
- Knowledge of various computer programs for buyer purchasing
- Knowledge of accounting
- Knowledge of purchase order policies
- Knowledge of grant requirements for purchasing
- Knowledge of contract and vendor requirements
- Customer Service skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Research skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability automated purchasing system to process purchase orders
- Ability to assist vendors with bid process
- Ability to follow all requirements and methods with accuracy
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $45,914.00 - 52,801.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney