Coordinator Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborates with Director to help support and promote an institutional vision for diversity and inclusion and imbed TCU’s diversity and Inclusion strategy into the everyday culture of the organization.
- Provides leadership for planning, scheduling, delivering and maintaining programs and events for faculty and staff that support a culture of inclusion.
- Assists in the design, development and delivery of training, workshops and seminars on diversity and inclusion topics.
- Develops and enhance current and future community partnerships to enable engagement with external organizations committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Provides support and guidance to the Campus Community Response Team.
- Communicates, promotes and markets the University’s and Office of Inclusion diversity and inclusion efforts both internally and externally by developing marketing materials.
- Prepares and presents presentations to leadership, faculty, staff, students and campus partners on the progress of DEI initiatives.
- Serves as a liaison to Student Affairs on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Serves as a representative on various University committees, projects, task forces, etc.
- Provides assistance that will improve our organization’s environment; ensuring we foster a culture that is inclusive and innovative.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree.
- 3 plus years working in the diversity and inclusion field or on specific projects impacting diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of and experience in building and advancing institutional diversity and inclusion initiatives for faculty, staff, and students.
- Skill and experience using database tools, development of ad hoc reports and data extraction as well as demonstrated familiarity with the statistical software.
- Skill in handling issues in a complex organizational setting.
- Skill in conflict resolution and adept at finding win-win solutions to difficulty problems.
- Ability to manage change while building and supporting initiatives that promote diversity, equity, access, and inclusion.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders, and provide leadership to a vibrant environment that is also in the midst of enormous fluidity.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify and implement innovative approaches to engage diverse faculty.
- Ability to assess the educational impact of diversity and assessing campus climate.
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
- Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
Advertised: September 3, 2020 Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth