Associate Director, HR Information
Requisition Number S413P Home Org Name Human Resources Admin Division Name Human Resources Position Title Associate Director, HR Information Job Class Code EB61 Appointment Status Full-time Part-time FTE Limited Term No Limited Term Length Job Summary
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Human Resources, this position is accountable for maintaining the integrity of and accessibility to the university’s human resource information. This position
functions as primary analyst, administrator, project manager, and facilitator for Human Resources (HR) technology and software applications, supporting all HR functions including:
Compensation & Classification, HR Development, Employment, Campus Relations, Benefits, Payroll, Records, and the Office of the AVP, Human Resources. Employee information is fundamental to the
efficient and effective operations of all HR functions and the services they provide to the campus community in support of the university’s strategic talent goals and legal compliance obligations. This
position has shared accountability with key leaders in Business and Finance and the Office of Information Technology, while working closely with other analysts and systems specialists to maintain
human resources data integrity and access for all employee information, as well as, the effective, timely, and accurate data integration with the university’s enterprise HR system and various HR outsourced
1. Maintains HR information integrity and accessibility. Functions as primary analyst, monitor, project manager, and facilitator for the Human Resources role in technology and software applications, supporting the various Human Resources functions including — Compensation and Classification,
HR Development, Employee Relations, Benefits, Payroll, Records, and Office of the AVP, Human Resources. Identifies new human resource information systems opportunities with the ability to
understand the general capabilities and limitations of the current computing systems environment.
2. Makes recommendations regarding hardware and software acquisitions. Supports that planning,
design, and implementation of all new HR information system installations and integrations. Coordinates the interaction with internal departments in the areas of procurement and resource assignment. Facilitates necessary internal and external meetings and prepares necessary status
reports to ensure project tasks are being completed in a timely fashion.
3. Working collaboratively with HR process stakeholders, other analysts and systems specialists from Business and Finance, and the Office of Information Technology, performs routine data audits and
modifies and maintains systems to assure Human Resources information data integrity, and the effective, timely, and accurate data integration with the university’s enterprise system and the various outsourced providers.
4. Acts as primary HR contact with internal technology resources and third party vendors and applications. Ensures that proper resources are in place to provide effective and quality installation
and support. HR systems may include: Position Management, Market Pay & Structure, Job Evaluation, Applicant Tracking, New Employee On-boarding, Performance Management, Employee
Relations Case Management, Learning Management, and various other learning and work flow management applications.
5. Collaborates with all HR functional units; develops reports, assesses systems and information user training needs, works with HR Development in the content and methods for training systems users, both internal or external to HR, in the effective use of specific applications. Provides individual and/or group instruction and training to staff on HR information software application technologies as needed.
6. Monitors and reports on technology support for various compliance activities and performs related work as required. Serves on the HR Priorities information technology workgroup, assigning appropriate priorities among all active requests.
7. As Subject Matter Expert ( SME ), identifies and facilitates the continuous improvement of HR information systems, processes, and work flows; recommending enhancements/modifications as
needed to maintain optimum functional utilization and integration of HR systems across all functions. This includes the facilitation and assessment for the improvement of HR management
processes and recommends enhancements/modifications as appropriate. Participates in u-wide business process improvement/implementation teams as needed.
8. Assists with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded HR information software systems; maintains current knowledge of software and technology trends and recommends modifications as necessary.
Education Level Bachelor's degree Field of Study
Degree in management information systems, or
directly related technology and business process analysis fields of study.
Years of Experience 6 Area of Experience
Relevant process/systems analysis experience in a human resources environment within a large complex employer. Business systems and process analyses supporting at least two human resources functions. Must have demonstrated experience in change-oriented project development and
facilitation; using enterprise systems as well as HR specific applications — may include applicant tracking, position management, performance management, learning management and/or other
similar HR functional applications.
Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Education Level Field of Study Years of Experience Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Fully knowledgeable of enterprises systems configurations and workflow, and the integration/two-way
interface of data files with outsourced applications used in the Human Resources functional space.
Applies standard analysis principles in the assessment of HR business needs and the functional
capabilities/opportunities supporting those HR functional needs. Demonstrated success in data analysis
and report writing, utilizing current report writing applications/methodologies.
Advanced understanding of human resources business environment of a large complex employer with
basic understanding of the university’s system, its policies and operating procedures.
Intermediate knowledge of business systems analysis and current technological developments/trends.
Intermediate knowledge of agile methodologies with a detailed focus on deployment, integration,
sustainable monitoring and maintenance.
Advanced ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
Minimum Technology Skills Minimum License and Certifications
One of the following certifications to be completed within the first year of employment:
Human Resources Information Professional ( HRIP ), Certified Project Management Professional ( PMP )-
PMI, Professional in Human Resources ( PHR )- HRCI, SHRM -CP, or Human Resources related
Salary Grade 38 Salary Range $78,900 - $131,600 Job Category Human Resources Working Hours if Non-Traditional List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position Posting Date 09/03/2020 Closing Date EEO Statement
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Internal Postings http://www.auemployment.com/postings/19328 Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How were you made aware of this opportunity?
- AU Employment website
- Employment websites (Indeed, HigherEd Jobs, etc.)
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- Professional Journal
- HR email
- Social Media
- State Employment Service
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University.
- Not a current Auburn employee
- Current Auburn employee in position less than one year
- Current Auburn employee in position more than one year
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Management
Information Systems, or directly related technology and business
process analysis fields of study?
- * Do you have 6 years of relevant process/systems analysis
experience in a human resources environment within a large complex
employer, supporting at least two human resources functions?
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn