Salus University, founded as the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 1919, today is a diversified, globally recognized professional academic center of learning that offers a wide range of degree programs in the professions of Optometry, Audiology, Physician Assistant, Public Health, Education and Rehabilitation for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Biomedicine, Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology.
Located in suburban Philadelphia, we are seeking applicants for the position of Benefits Coordinator.
You will be responsible for the ongoing administration of the University's benefit programs, including health and welfare, life, disability, voluntary benefits, FMLA/Leave administration, and retirement plans. Specific responsibilities include coordinating premium payments, billing reconciliation, contractual compliance, open enrollment, benefits communication, recordkeeping, reporting, and eligibility determinations.
- Administers various employee benefit programs including, but not limited to: health, dental, retirement, life, leaves of absence, short- and long-term disability (with reference to each bargaining unit). Serves as primary point of contact to employees on all benefit questions and responds to inquiries on behalf of the University. Works in accordance with applicable laws and rules as it pertains to employee benefits and they include but are not limited to: ACA, COBRA, FMLA, HIPPA, etc.
- This position is accountable for the inputting and processing all changes of employee benefits for the University and this entails: new hires, open enrollment, and changes of benefits for life events outside of open enrollment periods. Accurately maintains applicable files and records.
- Ensure employee understanding of all benefit programs, as well as interpretation of Human Resources policies and procedures. Coordinates annual open enrollment process and prepares and conducts benefit orientation for new hires and/or current employees moving from one benefit plan to another. Provides individual employee benefit consultations and facilitates employees' participation in retirement seminars. Organizes and schedules various employee benefit events and develops and/or distributes benefit educational materials.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Four (4) years' experience in administering health and retirement benefit programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to present information, in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and rules as it pertains to benefit administration.
- Must have good analytical and research skills, be detail oriented and mathematically inclined.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with demanding deadlines.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft applications and benefit platforms.
- Demonstrated experience working with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Must be able to work well with employees at all levels of the organization and possess the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy confidentially with minimal supervision.
- Must be self-directed, organized, innovative and able to assess current operations in an effort to develop practical solutions to improve the functioning of the department.
- Must be able complete tasks in a timely manner and maintain all information in a highly confidential manner.
Please send your application via: http://www.salus.edu/About/Human-Resources/Employment-Opportunities.aspx
Salus University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Elkins Park
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Elkins Park
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Elkins Park
- Human Resources Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Elkins Park