The President of Roanoke-Chowan Community College (R-CCC) will be a results-oriented, experienced, and inspiring leader who, in recognizing both challenges and opportunities, will:
Articulate a shared vision for R-CCC and lead the College’s strategic planning process; identify and implement strategies and opportunities for increased enrollment; develop innovative approaches for improving student success and completion; understand and support the central role of teaching and learning and the academic program; provide effective oversight and leadership for compliance with the requirements of the College’s accreditation; develop partnerships with business and industry that will address and meet local workforce needs, and strengthen existing K-12 partnerships; ensure the fiscal credibility and stability of the College; serve as an active community leader who will enhance R-CCC’s visibility and presence throughout the service area.
Ideal Qualities and Characteristics:
Roanoke-Chowan Community College seeks an exceptional, experienced, and visionary leader who genuinely embraces the community college mission, and the community that R-CCC serves. Desirable qualities and characteristics include being a leader who is:
▪ Transformational and willing to take strategic risks, to advance the College in meeting the rapidly changing educational environment of the 21st Century,
▪ Skillful in leading and implementing a crisis management plan that in particular deals with the disruptions taking place in higher education today,
▪ Collaborative and a team-builder who is people-focused and establishes a strong rapport with all constituency groups,
▪ Able to demonstrate a commitment to shared governance,
▪ Inclusive, with a strong commitment to equity, diversity and social justice,
▪ Builds trust, displays transparency in the decision-making process and will exercise superb independent and insightful judgment,
▪ Decisive and can confidently make difficult decisions and establish urgency for improvement,
▪ A data-driven educator, committed to academic excellence,
▪ Experienced in early college programs, working with K-12 systems and STEM programs,
▪ Fully aware of the critical nature and importance of the accreditation processes,
▪ Sensitive to the life challenges faced by community college students,
▪ An entrepreneurial fundraiser,
▪ A fiscal steward with experience working with complex budgets and has the experience and ability to ensure the fiscal stability of R-CCC,
▪ One who can demonstrate a basic understanding of community college funding and organization in North Carolina,
▪ Technologically savvy and capable of prioritizing technology needs,
▪ An outstanding communicator who will actively engage faculty and staff,
▪ A visible advocate for students, faculty, and staff, and one who understands how to establish trust and enhance the morale of the institution,
▪ An ambassador to the community,
▪ A proven administrator who will work closely and effectively with a committed board of trustees.
▪ Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution is highly preferred.
▪ Experience working with a rural college and community is highly preferred.
▪ Five years of senior level administrative experience in higher education.
For additional information, nominations or confidential inquiries please contact:
- Bradley Ebersole, Ph.D., ACCT Search Consultant, email@example.com or (740) 538 -7989 (mobile)
- Julie Golder, J.D., Vice President of Search Services, ACCT, firstname.lastname@example.org, (202) 384-5816 (mobile), 202-775-4466 (office)
How to Apply:
This is a confidential search process. To ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than October 13, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.
To apply go to ht t p : //w ww . a c c t s e a r c h e s . o r g and upload your documents.
Candidates will need to have the following information or materials available to complete the application:
- A letter of application (not to exceed 5 pages) that succinctly addresses the opportunities and challenges identified in the Position Profile and demonstrates how the candidate’s experience and professional qualifications prepare them to serve as the Presi dent of Roanoke-Chowan Community College.
- A current resume including an email address and cellular telephone number.
- A list of eight references: example, two to three supervisors, two to three direct reports and two to three faculty and/or staff members from current and former institutions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Ahoskie
- Education Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Ahoskie
- Education Administration & Leadership Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Ahoskie
- Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Ahoskie
- Chancellors & Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Ahoskie