Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada, is seeking applicants for a Grant Funded, TRIO Director.
Student Support Services Program (SSS) is a U.S. Department of Education grant-funded TRiO program, providing comprehensive academic support services to college students with a range of academic needs and are first-generation college, low income, and/or have a disability. The Director will lead the development, implementation, administration, and activities of the program in accordance with federal regulations and grant objectives.
1. Master's degree in counseling, education, administration or closely related field from an accredited institution.
2. 5 years full time higher education administration. Direct supervisory experience of professional staff, hiring and firing, budget and performance management.
3. 3 years directing TRiO or other equity program or 4 years as assistant director
4. 2 years experience in advising students at a higher education institution.
5. Experience writing federal grants and similar annual reports
1. PH.D in counseling, education, administration or closely related field from an accredited institution.
2. Experience in working with Federal regulations, Department of Education, Office of Management Budget (OMB), including college policies and procedures.
3. Experience working at a community college.
4. Experience with Blumen Data Management Software or other data base systems.
5. Bilingual skills in Spanish.
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Oversees the overall implementation of the grant; administer the program budget and authorize expenditures of federal funds in collaboration with the Grant's office and the VP of Student Services and Diversity.
2. Develop, direct, and evaluate SSS in accordance with USDOE SSS rules and regulations; design and implement SSS policies and procedures.
3. With support from staff, complete and submit, in accordance with USDOE instructions, the Annual Performance Report (APR).
4. Plan and implement with staff a recruitment and persistence plan; assure equal access to project services for all project participants.
5. Supervise the selection/eligibility of project participants according to SSS guidelines; collect and maintain program data and prepare reports as required by the USDOE and Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC).
6. Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate staff.
7. Participate in college wide initiatives.
8. Plan and facilitate program-sponsored events in collaboration with staff.
9. Coordinate public relations initiatives for the project, and foster an institutional climate to support the project mission, goals, and objectives of SSS.
10. Disseminate USDOE and TRiO related information to VP of Student Services and Diversity, staff and students, and when relevant, to the wider TMCC community.
11. Serve as the SSS grant's college representative with the USDOE. Stay abreast of U.S. Department of Education policies and grant terms/conditions to ensure the program operates in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
12. Establish and maintain a working relationship with TMCC Leadership, the offices of Admission, Financial Aid, Counseling Services, Academic Advising, Tutoring, Disability Services, Athletics, academic departments, Veterans Upward Bound and other important campus resources to ensure all required services are provided to SSS project participants.
In the Resume/Cover Letter section of the application each of the following must be attached.
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter
As a part of the application process all applicants may be asked via email to provide additional supplemental materials or information as a part of the committee screening process.
Salary Information: Starting salary, $88,686. Dependent on education and experience. Salaries are subject to any related directives from the Board of Regents and Nevada Legislature.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Truckee-Meadows-Community-College---Dandini-Campus/TRIO-Director_R0122397-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCC’s five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevada’s growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.