Assistant to the Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management (Administrative Analyst/Specialist
Assistant to the Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management (Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt I)
Job No: 497602
Work Type: Staff
Location: Dominguez Hills
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary
This is a full-time, permanent (probationary) position.
Special Working Conditions: May require some evening and weekend work.
Conditions of Employment
Possession of a valid Driver's License is required. Employees in this position will be enrolled in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Government Employer Pull Notice Program which confirms possession of a valid driver's license and reflects driving record.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Application Deadline & Salary Information
The application deadline is: Thursday, September 17, 2020.
The salary range for this classification is: $3,897-$ 7,051 monthly.
The Office of Enrollment Management is responsible for determining student eligibility for admission to and graduation from the University. We process and evaluate applications and transcripts for admission purposes and are also responsible for determining student residency status, establishing student records, updating transfer credit, and maintaining transfer articulation agreements. Additionally, we register new and continuing students, maintain academic records, and research and review petitions for exception to University policy. We are responsible for delivering outreach services to local community colleges and high schools for recruitment purposes, along with providing the New Student Orientation. Lastly, we provide financial aid services to the student population.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
Required Experience: Minimum three years experience of administrative responsibility, including experience with budget, personnel, program and policy analysis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of, and ability to apply standard theories, principles, practices, and techniques applicable to the program and/or administrative specialty to develop
conclusions and make recommendations.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the applicable program and/or administrative specialty.
- Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques.
- Ability to take initiative and plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form.
- Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills. Excellent grammar, usage, style, and detail orientation to ensure the technical and content accuracy of documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, with many different needs, and at various levels within the organization. Demonstrate
communicate skills to work effectively in an executive-level office environment. Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to use insight, tact, and diplomacy to facilitate positive
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to effectively and independently prioritize workload, meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks, and complete assignments with
a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain composure with shifting demands, conflicting priorities, short deadlines, and/or difficult people.
- Ability to assimilate from oral and written sources a broad knowledge of campus policies and procedures, and interpret and apply them with clarity and accuracy to individual
- Ability to exercise independent judgment appropriate and necessary to organize, prioritize, track, and complete assigned responsibilities with a minimum of direct supervision
- Analytical skills to research and summarize complex and technical information.
- Proficiency in using electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and Web applications with speed and accuracy and with the interest and ability to learn new applications.
- Ability to coordinate a constantly changing executive appointment calendar using Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of paper and electronic filing systems in order to create and maintain comprehensive filing systems for an office which has a high volume of paper and electronic
- Ability to recall, retrieve, and communicate information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures and familiarity with financial record keeping, account reconciliation, and budget planning and control.
- Experience maintaining professional discretion and strict confidentiality. Ability to demonstrate exemplary customer service and highest professional standards.
Required Certification: Valid Driver's License
Administrative Responsibilities - 55% Administrative Clerical Support Supplies, Travel & Budget support Student Record information/Class Schedule information Information Technology Coordinator - Serves as departments IT Coordinator Other duties - Function as administrative aide using high degree of independent judgment, discretion, and initiative in determining method, format, individuals involved and actions necessary to perform special assignments and develop special projects. Assist the Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management (AVPEM) in managing day-to-day operations of the Enrollment Management Cluster. - Provide high-level, sensitive and confidential administrative and technical support for the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management (AVPEM). - Maintains AVP's complex detailed appointment calendar with independent decisions based on knowledge of priorities and goals. - Works closely with the AVP to provide guidance and support to the line managers, staff and paraprofessionals. - Serve in a leadership capacity for the administrative assistants of the Enrollment Management Cluster Directors. - Independently attend to and process a wide range of administrative details which do not require the immediate attention of the AVPEM. - Conduct research, investigate and evaluate administrative processes, report on findings and recommend appropriate and effective courses of action. - As appropriate, represent and/or accompany AVPEM on various university committees and meetings on campus and off campus. Responsible for researching, analyzing and following up on action items that result from these meetings. Make recommendations on findings as necessary to the AVP - and other management personnel. - Perform research and provide statistical data and reports requested by management and outside consultants. - Coordinate travel arrangement, reservations, plan itineraries, prepare travel authorizations, advances and expense claims for the Associate Vice President, - Independently respond to inquiries, correspondence, etc. Maintain a strong level of written and verbal communication skills. - Receive, interview, and screen telephone callers and visitors to the Associate Vice President; make referrals to appropriate individuals as necessary. - Advise and handle situations regarding university policies and provide general information and assistance to students, administrators, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and off-campus community. Judgment, knowledge, interpretations and, diplomacy are critical. - Serve as liaison between the Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management departments, staff of the offices of the President, Provost, Vice Presidents, Colleges, Foundation, Office of Research & Sponsored Programs, ASI, Academic Senate, Chancellor's Office and a variety of public contacts, as well as students, campus administrators, faculty and staff. Personnel Administration - 25% - Serve as the primary personnel, payroll coordinator and timekeeper for Enrollment Management AVP and reporting directors. - Handle confidential and sensitive personnel issues with the utmost confidentiality. - Coordinate personnel actions between AVPEM, Division Fiscal Officer/HR Liaison, Human Resources and Payroll Services on matters relating to management and staff recruitments, transfers, terminations, reclassifications and other issues. - Coordinate and assist with departmental recruitments and searches. - Coordinate and schedule qualified candidates for interviews. Respond to inquiries from employees, applicants and the general public regarding varied issues pertaining to employment and track personnel recruitment, searches, position descriptions, employment offers and performance evaluations. - Assure that employment records and payroll documents for staff and student employees are administered in accordance with approved policies and procedures established by the Human Resources and Payroll services. - Oversee the organization and maintenance of accurate and up-to-date personnel records for all employees in the unit. Budget Management - 15% - Ensures the efficient utilization of resources by developing and implementing a budget system which includes reporting and monitoring fund management reports, preparing budgets, monitoring expenditures, managing accounts, and preparing financial reports. - Perform departments' budget preparation, analysis and control of State, Foundation, Fee and, outside agencies budgets. - Coordinate with Division Fiscal Officer with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual financial reports for the department, Foundation Fee, and outside agencies using PeopleSoft, OneSolution financial software and other productivity tools. - Analyze department reports of revenues and expenses, trends and fund balance projections and present findings to the Associate Vice President. - Participate and communicate in Division budget management meetings. - Coordinate and maintain approved budgets for Enrollment Management with Division Fiscal Officer, providing historical and current data. - Develop and maintain processes for monitoring and tracking budget expenditures and transactions. - Reconcile department accounts with PeopleSoft report and budget screens on an ongoing basis in order to assure accuracy and sound fiscal management. - Prepare and submit annual one-time budget requests to Division Fiscal Officer. - Evaluate the unit's accounting and financial management processes to ensure full compliance with applicable legislation, orders, regulations and guidelines. - Evaluate, recommend and implement cost-saving initiatives for the department Other Duties as Assigned - 5%
California State University, Dominguez Hills, is strongly committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce.
California State University Dominguez Hills is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. For more information or definition of these terms, please visit:
Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may call the Human Resources Office at (310) 243-3771.
Clery Act crime statistics for CSUDH are available at https://www.csudh.edu/dhpd/clery/crime-stats/ , or by calling University Police at (310) 243-3639. Upon appointment, all candidates must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
The California State University is Smoke and Tobacco Free. Smoking, Vaping and other Tobacco use are Not Permitted anywhere on University property. Education Code 42356, CCR Title 5, Article 9
Applications Close: 17 Sep 2020
To apply, visit: https://careers.csudh.edu/en-us/job/497602/assistant-to-the-associate-vice-president-enrollment-management-administrative-analystspecialist-exempt-i