Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs
Wayne State College is seeking an Associate Vice
President for Academic Affairs.
Wayne State College has been educating students for more than 100 years. Located in Northeast Nebraska, close to Sioux City, Iowa, and within a two-hour drive to Sioux Falls, Omaha and Lincoln, the College is one of the most dynamic, regional public colleges in the Midwest. One of three members of the Nebraska State College System, the College distinguishes itself by providing educational excellence in a small, personalized setting. The beautiful 128-acre campus serves over 3,900 students who have a choice of more than 130 programs of study. In fall 2020, the College welcomed the second largest freshmen class in its history, driven by new academic programs and partnerships, updated and new facilities, and a continuing focus on supporting students with generous scholarships in their academic and co-curricular experiences. Wayne State has been the recipient of a number of awards, honors, and distinctions due to its commitment to service, student success, and providing an exceptional education at an affordable cost. The entire community is focused on making Wayne State a great place for students to thrive and advance their futures, and there is a collective sense of excitement about the future of the College.
Nature of Work:
Responsible for providing strategic leadership and management of selected units within Academic Affairs. Works closely with faculty, staff, and administrators to enhance the development, coordination, and implementation of academic programs, policies, and procedures. Oversees strategic planning and serves as liaison between WSC and regional stakeholders to develop new academic partnerships.
Examples of Work Performed:
1. Works collaboratively with members of the President’s leadership team and the campus community to support and continue to refine a student-centered educational experience and retention plan to support all students in achieving their goals.
2. Provides administrative leadership for the offices of the Registrar, Library, Career Services, Continuing Education, and the Holland Academic Success Center.
3. Facilitates the planning, organization, implementation, tracking, and archiving of complex academic processes, projects, and reporting.
4. Serves as liaison between WSC and regional stakeholders to develop and sustain academic partnership initiatives.
5. Supports and facilitates the development, processing, tracking, and archiving of partnership agreements with local, national, and international partners.
6. Leads initiatives to identify and develop new and strategically aligned internships, co-ops, career readiness initiatives, and professional development opportunities for students.
7. Identifies and sustains new career pathway and dual credit opportunities for regional high schools and facilitates professional development opportunities for new and returning dual credit faculty.
8. Oversees the administration and development of the study abroad programs, new student registration, and new faculty orientation.
9. Works collaboratively with administrators, deans, faculty, staff, and students to ensure the advancement of strategic planning, student learning outcomes, institutional accreditation, and mission fulfillment.
10. Serve as liaison between academic affairs and the Academic Policies committee. Coordinates the review and evaluation of submitted catalog change requests with the VPAA.
11. Facilitates special projects and other duties as assigned by the VPAA.
• Master’s degree
• Ability to manage and work effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and administrators
• Ability to develop and maintain partnerships across all sectors
• Ability to multi-task and use data effectively and efficiently
• Strong interpersonal, oral, written, and visual presentation skills
• Demonstrated skills in proofreading, organization, and attention to detail
• Knowledge of college registration processes, cycles, records standards, and compliance
• Demonstrated evidence of supporting excellence in teaching, scholarship, professional activity and community service
• Possess knowledge and use of instructional technology in a higher education environment
• Familiarity with administrative procedures and shared decision making practices in college and university settings.
• Demonstrated creative problem solving skills
• Innovative and entrepreneurial thinking ability
• Evidence of successfully engaging and developing external relationships that effectively build an infrastructure of fundraising and resource enhancement for program support and growth
• Evidence of working with external agencies at the national, regional, and state level
• Evidence of working with community and industry partners to enhance the educational experience for students
• Proven ability to solve problems, address conflicts in a constructive manner, and resolve complex personnel issues
Successful criminal background check
Valid driver’s license
Acceptable driving record
Competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Attractive and comprehensive fringe benefit package.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wayne
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wayne
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wayne
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wayne