The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering encourages applications for a Postdoctoral Associate ! This position will support a funded project to explore novel approaches to prepare liquid crystalline elastomers with reconfigurable bonds. The ideal candidate would have a proven background in polymer or materials chemistry. Experience with either supramolecular or dynamic covalent chemistry is particularly desirable.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Responsive and Programmable (R+PM) Group ( https://www.colorado.edu/research/rpmgroup ) is generally interested in realizing functional utility in soft materials. The group is led by Prof. Tim White ( https://www.colorado.edu/chbe/timothy-j-white ). Our research is highly interdisciplinary, bridging materials chemistry, polymer science, mechanics, optics, and applied physics. Current research activities are broadly focused on harnessing stimuli-response in liquid crystalline materials to realize shape transformation or optical reconfiguration. We are interested in functional use in robotics, energy, medicine, national security, and sporting goods.
Founded in 1893, the College of Engineering and Applied Science at CU Boulder is the second largest of seven schools and colleges at one of the nation's top public research institutions. As Colorado's flagship university, CU Boulder has selective admissions standards and a comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Design and synthesis of novel liquid crystalline elastomers based on established chemistries incorporating dynamic bonds (supramolecular, dynamic chemistry), materials characterization (thermal analysis, mechanical measurements)
- Support ongoing collaborative exploration of the use of chemical/biochemical stimuli to adapt the shape, color, or stiffness of these materials.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary is $50,000.00, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Ambitious. Be Enlightened. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Ph.D. in a related field.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Degree
- The document uploaded for Proof of Degree can be a Transcript which shows the date the degree was conferred; Copy of Diploma; or official letter from the Registrar or the Dean of the School or College conferring the degree.
- If your degree was obtained outside of the United States, please submit a translated version.
- Letter of Recommendation
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Physics & Space Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder