Specialist, Workforce Processing
Job Summary: The Welcome Center provides a progressive and simplified student experience to support successful enrollment, retention, and completion. By assisting with information, essential services, and the removal of barriers, these employees serve to encourage students and smooth the path for continued progress at HACC.
This position provides exceptional student centered, culturally responsive, start-to-finish one-stop experience in the Harrisburg Welcome Center. This position directly supports students' efforts to successfully transition to the College and reach their academic goals through HACC's credit and Workforce Development programs, providing guidance to applicants and students who need additional support to navigate complex enrollment situations.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Hiring Range: $31,831-$39,789
Preferred Qualifications: Front line customer service experience
Job Specific Task List:
- Ensures a high quality front-line experience for Workforce Development students that is representative of a quality HACC education by providing a welcoming, supportive and encouraging atmosphere; demonstrates sound knowledge, advocacy, and professional judgment while addressing drop-in, phone and virtual inquiries related to Workforce Development programs and enrollment. - (Essential)
- Serves as an integral part of the Welcome Center and an expert in multiple functions of student affairs, such as admissions, advising, billing/cashiering, financial aid, records, and registration, as they pertain to programs and services in Workforce Development, as well as related programs in credit areas; serves as resource for general College information; maintains broad understanding of FERPA and other state and institutional policies governing access and release of student records. - (Essential)
- Ensures excellence in timely communications; resolves problems and issues by researching concerns and determines course of action; makes independent determinations, decisions and recommendations; refers issues to appropriate College resource when necessary. - (Essential)
- Assists Workforce Development students at self-service kiosks; assists staff with processing during peak times; handles sensitive information in accordance with applicable guidelines and regulations. - (Essential)
- Performs general office duties at the discretion of supervisor, which may include coordinating and maintaining office supplies, copiers, and printers; making room reservations; submitting facilities work requests; processing incoming and outgoing mail; generating reports; reporting to regulatory agencies; scanning/indexing of documents and completing various forms - (Essential)
- Communicates clearly and concisely with tact and diplomacy in all oral and written communications; works effectively in a team environment and participates to get the job done, while continually focusing on the needs of the students; exercises appropriate personal initiative and accountability; demonstrates outstanding customer service skills including interpersonal and active listening skills along with an analytical and critical thinking ability to interpret and respond appropriately to diverse groups of people in various situations; must be available to work flexible hours including nights and weekends according to campus operating requirements; may require travel for meetings, conferences, events, or between locations. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Sep 02, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Sep 15, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg