Accomplish Avionics System Support for the University Flight School Aircraft in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations and highest industry standards.
1. Perform avionics systems and component inspections, test, troubleshooting, adjustment, or repairs of avionics equipment, such as instruments, radio, navigation, electrical and electronic components, and autopilot control systems in our fleet of Cessna 172s and Diamond DA42NG aircraft.
a. Minimal oversight by management, senior technicians, and mentors providing guidance and ensuring ERAU standards are met.
b. Accomplish Scheduled Avionics inspections and quickly respond to unscheduled avionics maintenance requirements.
c. Support and assist the Avionics Lead Technician in the accomplishment of the overall maintenance effort.
d. Report defective shop equipment or equipment requiring certification to the Lead Technician.
e. Complete all necessary entries in appropriate maintenance forms, work orders, internal inspection forms, malfunction and defect reports, and aircraft logbooks while under supervision.
f. Be thoroughly familiar with the requirements of the FAA approved inspection program, FAA regulations pertaining to aircraft maintenance, airworthiness directives, advisory circular, manufacturers' service bulletins and engineering orders/drawings, as required.
2. Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems. 25%
3. Present and maintain a positive, professional image to our Students, Instructor Pilots, Flight Supervisors, and other University Departments
High school or equivalent plus 1-3 years related experience.
• Garmin G1000 glass cockpit experience preferred
• Analytical skills with a working knowledge of applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook/Email, Maintenance tracking programs and Internet End-User applications.
• Must be able to read and Interpret online technical maintenance manuals, parts manuals and technical service orders
• Basic PC Software Skills (e.g. spreadsheet, word processing & database etc.)
• Must meet the requirements for an FAA aircraft repairman certificate pursuant to Sec. 65.101
• Excellent communication skills required.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott