Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Analytics (APPLY VIA SEARCH FIRM)
Reporting to the Provost, the Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Analytics will develop a new unit within the provost's office by integrating four current areas – institutional research, program assessment, accreditation, and comprehensive academic space management that includes strategic use of offices, labs and common spaces. The Vice Provost will be responsible for developing a vision and priorities for this new unit, ensuring that the area's resources and expertise are focused on collecting, analyzing and disseminating data in the most effective and strategic manner to inform practices and initiatives that can enhance the experience and success of students, faculty and staff and advance SJSU's academic programs. Additionally, the Vice Provost will build data and analytic capacity to support program planning, assessment and strategic investment opportunities. The Vice Provost will visualize and enact a strategy to build out the team needed to support these efforts and will serve as an exceptional communicator, supporting the campus community in telling the rich stories that underlie the data.
To close the equity gaps in student success rates at SJSU, the Vice Provost will provide the strategic analytic focus that will help the university address this critical need. In addition, the Vice Provost will provide leadership in areas central to the campus, including, but not limited to, creating a culture of data-informed decision-making, working with campus leaders to evaluate and assess program effectiveness, establishing strategies to better understand academic planning needs, and evaluating key performance indicators related to reporting to the system as well as other external partners.
The Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Analytics will understand not only the complex reporting environment, in which higher education finds itself today, but will also have the ability to drive strategic decision-making through data-informed analysis. As such, the Vice Provost will have strength in traditional quantitative statistical methods, but also value mixed-methods approaches, including a range of qualitative methodologies.
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position will require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position may be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead a large team with multiple sets of expectations
- Demonstrated ability to interpret policy and to consult effectively in resolving difficult problems across a spectrum of campus issues
- Comprehensive knowledge or ability and eagerness to learn and understand University principles, practices, and procedures
- Advanced knowledge in facilitating curriculum development, analysis, and assessment
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, and leadership
- Demonstrated success in educating and training faculty and staff regarding policies and requirements
- Ability in facilitating the education of students from a wide range of socio-cultural, language, education and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, situations and demands; and integrate change
- A doctoral Degree
- Seven or more years of progressively responsible experience in higher education or related work in the sector
- Experience managing in effectiveness through quantitative and qualitative information sources.
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience utilizing analytics in higher education.
Classification: Administrator IV
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and requirements described in the leadership profile, available at www.wittkieffer.com
For fullest consideration, applicant materials should be received by September 23, 2020.
Suzanne Teer and Jen Meyers Pickard, Ph.D., SanJoseStateVPIESA@wittkieffer.com
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: September 02, 2020 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Chancellors & Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose