Help Desk Technician
Posting Number S01287 Position Title Help Desk Technician Internal Position Title Help Desk Support Department Technology Support Position Type Staff Job Family Classified Job Summary
The Help Desk Technician provides Tier 1 support to users of computers and related computer equipment throughout the College. Support provided by the Help Desk Technician shall include, but not be limited to, the time-sensitive assistance of students, faculty, and staff with the training on and productive operation of hardware and software used by the College. This role reports to the Manager, Help Desk.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
• Bachelor’s Degree
Associates Degree with 6 months of experience in an information technology role
2 years of experience in an information technology role, at least 1 year of which was in a technology support role.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Committed to keeping up-to-date with the ever-changing technology landscape.
• Reflect a positive, high-energy and professional demeanor
• Demonstrated ability to work well on and contribute to the high performance of a team
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and deliver according to deadlines while handling multiple tasks, ability to exercise judgment, handle confidential information, and function with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
• Ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users
• Ability to problem-solve, analyze information to make informed decisions and/or recommendations
• Applies principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Ability to travel between campuses as needed
• Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Higher Education experience ideally in a community college setting
• An innate focus on students and their success
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong analytical skills.
• An interest in improving existing processes and procedures on a continual basis.
• Ability to manage projects as needed.
Posting Date 09/02/2020 Closing Date 09/18/2020 Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
If you have a Bachelor’s or an Associate’s Degree, please be sure to upload your transcript when applying.
Pay Rate $15.17/HR. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday – Friday 12:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Flexibility a plus.
Software Testing Required Powerpoint, Excel, MS Word, Windows, Outlook Interview Process Requirements Writing Samples EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree OR an Associates Degree with
6 months of experience in an information technology role OR 2 years
of experience in an information technology role, where at least 1
year of which was in a technology support role?
- * Do you have the ability to travel between campuses as needed?
- * Do you have any Higher Education experience ideally in a
community college setting?
- * Do you have the ability to manage projects as needed?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake