Senior Vice President of Enrollment and Athletics
St. Catherine University(St. Kate’s) invites applications
for aSenior Vice President of Enrollment Management and
Based in the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota, St. Kate’s is home to a diverse group of nearly 5,000 students in a wide array of disciplines and degree levels. At its heart, the legacy of its founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet (CSJs), informs every facet of this private Catholic university. The Senior Vice President will lead based on values inspired by the Sisters, including those of community, spirituality, and social justice.
Reporting to the President, the Senior Vice President of enrollment management and athletics is responsible for providing strategic and comprehensive leadership of functions and services related to net tuition revenue, strategic enrollment growth, and student retention at St. Catherine University (St. Kate’s) for our three colleges: College for Women (1800 students), College for Adults (1400 students), and Graduate College (1,600 students). Success is driven by the development and implementation of the strategic enrollment management plan that is fully integrated into the University enterprise, which includes all aspects of recruitment, enrollment marketing, admissions, tuition pricing, fee revenue, financial aid, athletics, and Institutional Research so that a diverse student body is identified, recruited, retained, supported, and graduated.
Direct reports includeAVPCollege for Women,AVPAdmission and Market Development College for Adult and Graduate College,AVPEnrollment Management Director and Financial Aid,AVPMarketing Enrollment, Director Athletics and Butler Center, Institutional Research Analyst.
TheSVPmust be able to build strong and trusting relationships so that major decisions made in any area of the University include the voice and perspective of the enrollment management team so that we understand the impact the decision will have on new/transfer student recruitment and retention. They must be both creative and data driven to both lead and coordinate planning in close collaboration with and support of all members of the President’s Senior Leadership Team in their commitment to deliver the mission of St. Kate’s as measured by growth in total enrollment for the entire University and its impact on every area of our operations. Strong communications and deep collaboration are especially critical with the Provost studying and identifying trends in academic programs needing to be launched or altered, and with the Chief Financial Officer in assessing the risk and financial implications of enrollment strategy decisions as together we successfully implement the University’s Strategic Plan-Setting our Sails 2028 including the Academic Master Plan.
This leader serves as a strong advocate and liaison with internal and external constituents for issues related to access, admissions policies/ scholarships/ financial aid guidelines; and collaborates with academic leadership on student success and retention. TheSVPworks collaboratively with other campus community members and advises the president on divisional, university and external matters, as appropriate.
Leadership of University-wide strategic enrollment management (SEM)
- Lead university-wide, cross-departmental efforts to develop,
implement and execute a strategic enrollment management plan to
meet goals for net revenue generation through the recruitment and
retention of traditional undergraduate, adult undergraduate,
transfer, graduate and international students;
- Lead university-wide strategic plans to maximize retention and
improve on-time graduation rates in joint work with all student and
academic affairs function. Convene and lead a cross-functional
matrix of academic leaders, chairs and directors and key offices
(including registrar, academic advising, student affairs, and
student accounts) to continuously improve University-wide student
- Maintain a strong enrollment analytics function within the
division that leverages tools and access to data to inform
- In partnership with the provost, conduct ongoing assessment of
the market-readiness of new and existing programs of study,
curricula and co-curricular experiences. Assess the impact on
enrollment and net revenue of current curricular design and
potential changes to curricula, core requirements,
transfer-of-credit, residency and other academic policies.
Advocate, as needed, for changes to academic programs and policies
to ensure competitiveness of academic programs and growth in net
revenue. This would include recommendations of which programs to
grow or close, and enrollment targets by program;
- Lead the University’s annual and long-term tuition revenue
projections, including revenue projections for annual budgets and
medium- and long-term revenue forecasts;
- Monitor and communicate internal and external enrollment trends
for all colleges and identify potential strengths, weaknesses,
opportunities and threats to current programs to ensure the
University is meeting the current and future needs of students.
Ensure close communication and collaboration with the Provost and
Academic Affairs to prioritize and fund our most critical program
development or enhancement. Help develop among leadership,
administration and faculty a university culture that makes
enrollment and the interests of prospective students a high
priority and a responsibility of all;
- Facilitate enrollment processes across the university, ensuring
compliance with applicable federal, state, accreditation, system
and university policies and rules, including providing guidance and
cataloging processes across the university;
- Ongoing staff support to the Board of Trustees and its committees as assigned and needed.
Oversight over Admissions, Enrollment Marketing and Financial Aid
- Support direct reports in their work to continually analyze,
refine and manage processes, policies, technologies, and resources
dedicated to delivering admission, financial aid, recruitment
activities, holistic review processes, admission strategies and
enrollment student services to ensure they are structured
effectively to attract and support high achieving, diverse students
from a high-level visitor experience through the enrollment funnel
to course registration of courses to graduation in support of
student success. Ensure a motivated and effective admissions team
that uses all the technology tools and innovative techniques to
convert leads into enrollment;
- Support direct reports in their work to develop strategies to
ensure effective use of scholarship and financial aid funds to
recruit, retain and graduate students across all three colleges. In
concert with Institutional Advancement, provide content expertise
to secure additional scholarship funding;
- With direct reports, determine and lead the overall marketing strategy, implementation, and budget supervision of all lead-generation and enrollment marketing with the brand standards of the University.
- Engage with the university marketing team to ensure that signature programs have the necessary sub-branding and differentiated identity that directly appeals to the target prospective student pool and that the web site and other marketing efforts are driving enrollment.
Oversight over Athletics
- Provide leadership over University Athletics with the Athletic
Director as a direct report;
- Ensure Athletics remains a strong part of the University
Enrollment plan in both recruitment and retention;
- Serve as the University Athletic Direct Report (ADR) forNCAAandMIACConference.
Oversight over Institutional Research (IR)
- Provide leadership over Institutional Research;
- Ensure all mandatory reporting is complete, accurate, and in
- Leverage IR to provide data and insights as a major part of the strategic and tactical enrollment management planning.
- Engage external and internal constituents, fostering
communication strategies, forming partnerships with other
educational institutions (K-12, community colleges, and other
universities), businesses, government and nonprofit agencies, and
applicable community and higher education organizations, and
advancing the university through enrollment efforts;
- Represent the division and the university, both on and off campus, as a representative of enrollment services and provide leadership within the state and nation, as needed.
The President has identified the areas of priority for the next Senior Vice President for Enrollment Management and Athletics. The list is intended to help nominators and prospective candidates better understand the challenges facing Enrollment Management and the University, the opportunities that await as well as to define the standards by which candidates will be measured.
Strategic Enrollment Plan
The success of theSVPwill be driven by the successful development and implementation of a comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan that is fully integrated into the University enterprise, which includes all aspects of recruitment, enrollment, marketing, admissions, tuition pricing, fee revenue, financial aid, athletics, and Institutional Research so that a diverse student body is identified, recruited, retained, supported and graduated. TheSVPwill be expected to work in collaboration with the Academic Affairs Leadership Team (AALT) to develop an overall strategy to build a distinct student profile for each of the three colleges. In partnership with theAALT, theSVPwill lead the re-envisioning of how to develop and grow the student populations for all three colleges; with an initial focus on the undergraduate population of the College for Adults. TheSVPwill develop and implement a successful recruitment strategy to grow the university’s international student population. TheSVPwill lead the development and implementation of a robust marketing plan and work in conjunction with theAALTto determine the market readiness of new and existing programs.
As a tuition dependent institution, the need for a financial aid strategy is key. TheSVPwill be expected to lead the development of a comprehensive financial aid strategy that leverages the university’s available funding to support specific enrollment strategies for the College for Women, the College for Adults and the Graduate College populations inclusive of short- and long-term financial goals. TheSVPwill work in partnership with theCFOand theAALTin the development of this critical strategy. The overall strategy should be creative and data driven and align with the strategic enrollment plan and leverage the university’s financial resources.
TheSVPmust have a demonstrated commitment to Inclusive Excellence. This includes a commitment to the core principles of diversity and inclusion with an explicit emphasis on equity and excellence in student learning. St. Kate’s is committed to making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of its six strategic priorities in the University’s strategic plan. Goal areas identified relate to the need to increase the diversity of the graduate student population and to increase the retention, persistence and graduation rates of students of color. Another goal area is to increase the number of faculty and staff of color by implementing new recruitment strategies and training for search committees. Furthermore, the plan calls for a focus on increase the retention rate of faculty and staff of color with additional resources for ongoing professional development. Additional initiatives include the expansion of equity and inclusion-centered curricular content in specific courses and in each program of study. Finally, the plan has an explicit focus on the articulation and development of the essential skills students must possess to succeed in diverse and inclusive workplaces and communities, and defining how the educational program and co-curricular student experience will foster these outcomes.
The newSVPmust have a Master’s Degree
alongside significant progressive senior level experience in
enrollment management and financial aid.
- Three years of experience working in enrollment management
developing and executing successful enrollment management
strategies with traditional, adult and graduate student populations
in a comprehensive institution;
- Evidence of exceptional ability to lead and manage diverse
teams, especially in terms of establishing and implementing a
shared, innovative vision and strategies for
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including a
demonstrated ability to establish and nurture relationships with
external and internal constituents at the most senior
- Proven project management and change management skills with
record of achieving results across a broad portfolio;
- A consummate collaborator, with a results
- Aptitude for creative, inspiring, and accomplished leadership
with the highest level of commitment to advancing the
- Proven ability in growing and sustaining racial, ethnic, and
economic diversity in a student body and a deep understanding of
the value of a diverse community;
- Demonstrated success in evaluating and improving the practices
of the student enrollment experience, including timely, effective,
and positive engagement with students and families throughout their
experiences with admissions and financial aid;
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to digest and
apply relevant research and data, leveraging analytics and
- Strong conceptual problem-solving skills, with experience in
using analysis to develop strategies and drive change within an
- Experience in hiring staff and creating effective
- Well-developed fiscal and budget management skills;
- Demonstrated skills in program assessment and
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an inclusive climate for
students, faculty, and staff;
- ANDdemonstrated ability to raise funds and work with donors.
- Doctoral degree;
- 10 years of progressive experience in enrollment management and
student engagement fields;
- Experience in community and civic engagement with knowledge of
higher education trends;
- Experience in directing a unit within a higher education
context (ideally in a liberal arts institution); good working
knowledge of higher education administration and education
- Capacity to articulate the breadth and value of the liberal arts experience.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-690-6565.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
The Search Committee invites nominations and applications (A thoughtful letter of interest, addressing, as appropriate, the issues and desired qualifications outlined in this profile, current resume or CV showing relevant responsibilities and accomplishments, and the names and contact information of at least five references) to be submitted to the search firm assisting St. Catherine University. Confidential review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made.The Search Committee prefers that all nominations and applications be submitted to the search firm prior to October 9, 2020.
Porsha L. Williams, Vice President
Grant Higgison, Principal
Parker Executive Search
Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 2875 || Atlanta, GA 30328
(770) 804-1996 × 118
Pwilliams@parkersearch.com || Ghiggison@parkersearch.com
Permanent Link to Posting
Posting Start Date
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).Applicant Documents Required DocumentsOptional Documents
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul