Billing Manager (Optometry Clinic) - (STA006348)
Manages the cashing handling, patient accounts, and the maintenance of protected health information (HPI) documentation in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and practice protocol; emphasizing on maximizing patient satisfaction and practice profitability.
- Review customer billing in EHR system. Accept payments, disburses cash refunds, and flags accounts for refund checks.
- Post and balance accounts receivables, by line-item, received for providers' professional services into the practice management system including insurance payments and patient payments.
- Provide customer service for all patients and authorized representatives regarding patient accounts.
- Monitor front office staff member timely processing of reimbursement and other financial transactions.
- Follow-up on outstanding patient account balances, and all insurance claims using the A/R aged reports.
- Provide information pertaining to billing, coding, managed care networks, insurance carriers and reimbursements to providers, managers, and staff.
- Follow up on all returned claims, correspondence denials, account reconciliations and rebills.
- Monitor reimbursement from managed care networks-and insurance-carriers ensuring reimbursement with contracted rates.
- Maintain information regarding coding, insurance carriers, managed care networks and credentialing in an organized easy to reference format.Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Associates and 5 years experience
Requires the ability and knowledge for analysis and interpretation of procedures, policies and practices attainable through specific education and/or training programs in a specialty or technical field. Advanced vocational or electronic skills or a basic knowledge of a professional field is required. An Associate's degree or certification/licensing in a technical speciality program of over 18 months and up to 3 years duration are characteristics of this field.Requires a minimum of three (5) years of directly job-related experience.