Accounting Specialist IV-A/R lead
Posting Number AS170P Position Title Accounting Specialist IV-A/R lead Contract Length 12 months Class Summary
Provides a variety of routine accounting office support to various College offices. May perform general office support duties including data entry into administrative software, word processing and filing.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Non-Exempt Staff Employment Status Full Time Position Funding Type Regular
Associate’s Degree required; 2 years of office experience including direct experience with accounting and bookkeeping required.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Accounts Receivable experience with a community college preferred.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
*Basic practices of reviewing financial documents for completeness and accuracy
*Basic office practices and procedures; basic record keeping practices
*Basic computer applications related to the work
*Performing detailed office support work; maintaining accurate records of work performed
*Operating standard office equipment; reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures
*Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
1. Process student billing with accuracy
2. Prepare bank deposits
3. Process state tuition exemptions and waivers in a timely fashion as needed
4. Process contract sponsorship billing as needed
5. Process all incoming VA Chapter 33 payments
6. Initiate appropriate actions to ensure unpaid invoices are collected in a timely fashion
7. Work closely with Bursar to verify student account refunds including financial aid funds
8. Process and disburse refunds for tuition and fees and financial aid as needed in accordance with the college policy, state and federal regulations
9. Maintain BankMobile refund reversals and timeouts on a weekly basis
10. Assist cashiers and/or accounts receivable staff who are working with students to resolve problems and/or provide explanations for student tuition and fee billing statements
11. Execute tasks for student online payment plan maintenance
12. Perform de-registration multiple times per semester
13. Verify and reconcile cashier daily work on an as needed/backup basis
14. Verify and reconcile miscellaneous GL accounts on an as needed/backup basis
15. Respond to interdepartmental/intradepartmental inquiries and requests in a timely and accurate manner
16. Works in a limited capacity as Bursar’s primary backup in the absence of the Bursar to ensure that accounts receivable functions are performed in a timely manner
17. Performs a variety of basic office support duties such as collating materials, distributing incoming mail, perform document imaging, retrieval and indexing, preparing materials for mailing, completing forms, proofreading typed or printed materials, and/or typing correspondence reports and other materials
18. Perform other duties of a similar nature or level
*No or very limited physical effort required
*No or very limited exposure to physical risk
*Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
Minimum Salary Range $38,338 Mid Point Salary Range $47,923 Maximum Salary Range Posting Open Date 08/26/2020 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting http://jobs.com.edu/postings/2304 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of experience do you have working in an office
- More than 10
- * Do you have an Associate's Degree?
- * Do you have at least 2 years of relevant experience?
- * Do you have experience working with accounts receivables?
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City