Manager of Salesforce Development Services
Manager of Salesforce Development Services
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Division of Information Technology Services is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Manager, Salesforce Development Services. The Manager, Salesforce Development Services must work closely with the Quality Assurance Manager, Associate Director of Applications Development and the Project Managers, as well as other Directors and teams in the Information Technology Services Group. As the group manager, the Manager, Salesforce Development Services will ensure we are developing the needed features in a timely fashion. This individual will maintain a detailed schedule and assign tasks to developers and track these tasks. This individual will be responsible for ensuring their team has the proper equipment and software in place to perform their jobs. The Manager, Salesforce Development Services will also be responsible for understanding project priorities, balancing your resources among the various projects, and raising flags when problems occur.
This group's focus is on building Salesforce applications for our students, faculty and Staff. There will be other technologies and projects that will require the team to work on non-Salesforce applications when there is a high demand for those skills. Ensuring team versatility is a high priority.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
- Lead the successful delivery of major Salesforce application projects with University-wide impact.
- Ensure the on time and within agreed upon scope implementation of solutions that integrate the business needs across the various and changing technical and business needs.
- Coordinate and communicate project deliverables amongst multiple functional units within Information Services and across the university.
- Responsible for schedule and release of business critical administrative and educational applications - primarily Salesforce applications, but also traditional web applications and integrations.
- Lead and motivate team of technical professionals.
- Perform related developmental and administrative tasks.
- Write quarterly goals and objectives. Map out development goals that support overall ITS goals and produce appropriate plans to meet them.
- Ensure unit provides technical solutions that enable the university to meet its academic and administrative goals.
- Along with key individuals within Information Technology Services, provide input into the establishment of Information Technology Services strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for the creation and administration of appropriate services and service levels which enable the attainment of Information Services strategic initiatives.
- Accountable for the business unit's customer satisfaction measures.
- Ensure unit has clearly documented tier 2 and tier 3 support policies and procedures.
- Create or provide input into the delivery of customer training.
- Work with Customer Services to ensure appropriate documentation of procedures for the delivery of tier 1 support.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering
- 8-10 years' experience in a technical environment
- 4-6 years' project leadership experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to evaluate HW & SW needs for the projects and group
- Ability to schedule/assign tasks/estimate duration/completion times
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Project planning skills and Project Management skills
- Solid knowledge of software development and product ship cycles.
- Demonstrated flexibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong technical skills
- Experience developing Salesforce and web based products
- Ability to work in a mixed Microsoft Windows, Unix environment
- Knowledge of project management tools such as Microsoft Project, and SCCS such as GitHub or CVS
- Knowledge of design and architecture
- Knowledge of coding standards, design reviews, peer code reviews, and standard development practices
- Knowledge of Salesforce development technologies such as EDA, Lightning, APEX, workflows, triggers and test classes.
- Knowledge of design of user interfaces.
Knowledge of any of the following is a plus, though not required:
- Relational Database knowledge such as Oracle, SQL Server
- Knowledge of integration technologies such as Informatica, Mulesoft, API's, API Gateways (Apigee)
- Knowledge of Cloud Architecture
- Knowledge of Devops Technologies including Docker, Kubernets, Git/Github, Jenkins or other CI/CD Tools
- Experience managing Off Shore teams
A criminal background check is required for this position.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/503813